Question Why does my System (occationally) crash into a reboot loop when under load?

Apr 29, 2020
To kick this post off, here are my current PC specs:
Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X
RAM: HyperX Fury RGB DDR4 16GB@3200htz
PSU: Corsair VS650
GFX Card: Asus RX5700
Storage:
M.2: Sabrent Rocket PCIe4.0 1TB (boot drive)
SATA: Seagate 2TB Hybrid SSHD
Windows 10 Education Edition (I have not been able to update it for a while ("could not complete changes, undoing updates"))

When I am playing COD Warzone, (and this issue is confined entirely to this app for the moment) my computer will randomly decide to cut diplay, and go into a boot loop. All my LEDs are on inside, and all in the correct colour, but the fans spin up for about 5 seconds, and then slow back down, and repeat. This continues to happen, until I hold the power button down to force the PC to power down.

Last time this happened, I was monitoring a few things on my phone:
CPU 40c, 50%
GPU 83c, 98%
RAM 14.5/16GB used
Also, just this last time, my monitor went black for a few seconds, then returned to normal for a few more seconds, then wend black again for about 10 seconds before audio finally died too, although the audio may have been looping during that time.

DriverBooster 7.6 is telling me that all my drivers are currently up-to-date, not sure about the BIOS, as I dont overclock anything.

In the System event viewer, the only 3 critical items I can find for the time frame, are Kernel-Power (41), and Driver frameworks (10110 and 10111)

I have also had a few BSODs, due to "Driver_Power_State_Failure", if I remember correctly - should that be of any significance.

If anyone has any bright ideas about what I could try to help diagnose this problem, I would be very grateful. If there is anything important I may have missed, pleast do let me know, before I throw my computer into a wall...
PS: If there is a thread for diagnostics regarding this sort of thing I may have missed, please do send me a link.

Apr 29, 2020
Thanks for the very fast response!
I have a spare 500W PSU, which I think is cutting it fairly close to what my PC draws under load, and I am not sure if it has enough of the cables I need, but I will have a look. I am not sure what you mean by "better" is the VS series a cheapo model, or are we talking about more power? (I dont doo enough of this stuff as you may be able to tell...) I dont have any qualms about upgrading my PSU, as I am temped by the RTX3070.

so, is trying with a different, but lower power PSU likely to yeild any useful results, or should I just go and get a premium PSU.

If its not too much bother, if a brand new PSU is the best step to take, could I ask for a recomendation for my specific specs? (factoring in a likely upgrade to RTX3070 and a Ryzen7 5000 CPU when they come along)

If I am asking too much, or if it needs a thread of its own, just ignore me, or bump me in the right dirention please :)

Apr 29, 2020
Ok, its been a while, but I bought an HX750i, and it solved the issue... for a few weeks. The problem has started up again, but this time it happened in Civilization VI (DX12). Same specs as above, with the exception of PSU.
(seeing as it has been a while, does this warrent a new thread?)