[SOLVED] Why does my system reboot when launching some games ?

Jan 22, 2021
I'm having an issue with a few games that force a restart on my PC when loading them.
Certain games are starting up perfectly fine (Trackmania, Anno, Skyrim, Wow, even Control with high RTX on) and running for hours at a time no problem. But when trying to start other games such as Squadrons my PC instantly resets and takes me back to login screen.

Specs are:
Ryzen5600x
Corsair H100i
Corsair Vengance 16gb
Asus TUF B550
Nvidea RTX 3070 (updated, reinstalled, cleaned drivers etc)
Crucial P5 1tb nvme ssd
Cooler Master 750w Gold PSU

I have a feeling its a PSU issue as I can stress test the individual parts fine, the CPU runs quite hot at idle but never exeeds 70 degrees under load, the GPU is fine during blender benchmarks and furmark. Although I cant force the restart by running CPU and GPU tests at once which is confusing me as the power draw seems ok.

Solution
I'm having an issue with a few games that force a restart on my PC when loading them.
Certain games are starting up perfectly fine (Trackmania, Anno, Skyrim, Wow, even Control with high RTX on) and running for hours at a time no problem. But when trying to start other games such as Squadrons my PC instantly resets and takes me back to login screen.

Specs are:
Ryzen5600x
Corsair H100i
Corsair Vengance 16gb
Asus TUF B550
Crucial P5 1tb nvme ssd

I have a feeling its a PSU issue as I can stress test the individual parts fine, the CPU runs quite hot at idle but never exeeds 70 degrees under load, the GPU is fine during blender benchmarks and...

Specs are:
Ryzen5600x
Corsair H100i
Corsair Vengance 16gb
Asus TUF B550
Crucial P5 1tb nvme ssd

I have a feeling its a PSU issue as I can stress test the individual parts fine, the CPU runs quite hot at idle but never exeeds 70 degrees under load, the GPU is fine during blender benchmarks and furmark. Although I cant force the restart by running CPU and GPU tests at once which is confusing me as the power draw seems ok.

Hey there,

Yes, you are on the right track. Re-starts like that typically point to PSU issues. What is your exact model? MVE version? To be honest with your system components, I wouldn't have that PSU in there. General advice for the MVE is that it does a job, but is made from poor components, and has reliability issue along with durability (hence the poor warranty for a Gold unit).

I'd just swap it out right away, specially with the 3070.

Reactions: EddieCreates
Solution
Jan 22, 2021
Hey there,

Yes, you are on the right track. Re-starts like that typically point to PSU issues. What is your exact model? MVE version? To be honest with your system components, I wouldn't have that PSU in there. General advice for the MVE is that it does a job, but is made from poor components, and has reliability issue along with durability (hence the poor warranty for a Gold unit).

I'd just swap it out right away, specially with the 3070.

Thanks for the reply Keith.
Ive issued a return for the PSU and im looking at getting the Corsair RM750 to replace, do you think this would be a beter option?

Stange thing just happened though, I updated the bios on my Motherboard to the most recent version and can now boot squadrons with no issue. I will continue to play it today to see if I experience any crashes.

I think I will replace the PSU anyway as it seems as though the Cooler Master doesnt get the best write ups on further examination.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Thanks for the reply Keith.
Ive issued a return for the PSU and im looking at getting the Corsair RM750 to replace, do you think this would be a beter option?

Stange thing just happened though, I updated the bios on my Motherboard to the most recent version and can now boot squadrons with no issue. I will continue to play it today to see if I experience any crashes.

I think I will replace the PSU anyway as it seems as though the Cooler Master doesnt get the best write ups on further examination.

No probs, you're welcome.

The Corsair RM750 is a very good PSU. Worth the money, and will transfer to new builds down the line. Its build quality is good and it has a 10 year warranty.

Let me know how you get on with testing with new bios. And then also if you get the new PSU, so we know what the root cause was.

Reactions: EddieCreates
Jan 22, 2021
No probs, you're welcome.

The Corsair RM750 is a very good PSU. Worth the money, and will transfer to new builds down the line. Its build quality is good and it has a 10 year warranty.

Let me know how you get on with testing with new bios. And then also if you get the new PSU, so we know what the root cause was.

Will do Keith, thanks for the advice!

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead