[SOLVED] Why does my USB Mouse and Keyboard stop working when asked to create a User on Windows 7!?!

Apr 15, 2020
So, Earlier I was installing Windows 7 Ultimate. I set up the installation, and I even INTERGRATED the USB3.0/3.1 Drivers into the BOOT.WIM and INSTALL.WIM. And then proceeded to installation. I fly past the Installation screen No Problemlemo, but when my computer restarts, and then prompts me to create a user account and a PC name (This screen:)
windows%2Bsetup%2Bprocess.png
My keyboard and mouse completely shut off. Please help me! This is driving me INSANE!!! [Luckily for me I split up my 1 TB HDD into 2 Partitions so I can still access Windows 10 and get some help on this]

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
I see you created a Windows 7 install media that works with USB 3.0, but your USB is 2.0, which really doesn't make sense. I would create standard Windows 7 install media using a USB 2 port or DVD and try the install again. eg use rufus to create a Windows 7 install USB from a Windows 7 ISO, and use a USB 2 port.
Apr 15, 2020
my specs:
CPU
Intel Pentium J3710 @ 1.60GHz 143 °F
Braswell 14nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB DDR3 @ 1599MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
HP 81BB (SOCKET 0)
Graphics
LCD TV (1360x768@59Hz) [Used as a Dual Monitor]
HP ALL-in-One (1920x1080@60Hz) [All-In-One Desktop Display]
Intel HD Graphics (HP)
Storage
931GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 (SATA ) 112 °F
29GB USB DISK 2.0 USB Device (USB )
Optical Drives
hp PLDS DVDRW DU8AESH
Audio
Intel Display Audio

I see you created a Windows 7 install media that works with USB 3.0, but your USB is 2.0, which really doesn't make sense. I would create standard Windows 7 install media using a USB 2 port or DVD and try the install again. eg use rufus to create a Windows 7 install USB from a Windows 7 ISO, and use a USB 2 port.

Solution
Apr 15, 2020
So you you are saying since my motherboard (Molokai-U) has 2 USB2.0 I can plug my keyboard and mouse into both and continue the installation? The only problem is I don’t have nor know where to get USB2.0 Drivers

Apr 15, 2020
Both your PC and windows 7natively support USB 2, so you don't need any drivers.
Ok so I tried it like you said to and it still does not work... I know these are USB2 Ports because for 1. They say it in the Motherboard Manual 2. The Port does not have an
SS-logo-1-300x160.png
Logo and 3. The inside of the port is not blue
My version of my BIOS (AMI (UEFI+Legacy support) F.55 HP 81BB) does not have an option to even change a Legacy USB Support setting from 3.0/2.0 to PS/2 Like I have seen on other people PC BIOS

TRENDING THREADS