Why does my USB wifi card suck so badly?

meer23

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016
I use the Linksys AC1200 USB wiifi card, as I am unable to install ethernet from my room to my router, but for some reason about a month after building my PC and using the Linksys AC1200, it began to just not be able to connect when I first start up my PC, and I need to repeatedly restart my PC or wifi to get it to work. I am almost certain it is not a problem with my router, as I have other computers in my house that are farther away from the router than my pc but work fine, and my phone connects to the wifi with extreme ease from my room too, so I think it is my wifi card. Do you guys think I just need to go get a new one, or theres something else I need to do, and any recommendations if I need a new one? Thanks for your time.

There is not enough information in this post for me to determine where your problem lies. Here's what I'd like to know:
1) Is there a lot of interference from other wireless broadcasting devices (neighbor's WiFi, etc)?
2) What model is your router?
3) Do you have more than one WiFi network active in your house at a time?
4) How big is your house?
5) Do you have high voltage lines (220V) running to floors above the router? These sorts of lines are installed when large, power hungry appliances are installed (washing machines, dryers, some refrigerators, etc).