Question Why does new NVME drive have to load through old SSD first?

MoMacaroni

Honorable
Jan 15, 2017
I recently received an NVME drive from a friend who had no use for it. I purchased a SATA enclosure for the drive as my motherboard doesn't have NVME support. The drive is able to hold files and definitely works. My plan was to have my OS be transferred to the NVME drive, and this was done after I reinstalled windows on the NVME. The problem I am facing is whenever I attempt to boot from the NVME directly, the boot stops on the "verifying DMI pool data". However, when I Boot from my old SSD, which has a copy of windows on it as well, I am shown a screen that allows me to boot from the NVME drive. Does anyone know a way to boot straight from the NVME rather than having to boot from my old SSD into the NVME? Any feedback is appreciated.

USAFRet

Titan
My plan was to have my OS be transferred to the NVME drive, and this was done after I reinstalled windows on the NVME.

It doesn't work like that.
One or the other.

The way to have the NVMe drive as the OS drive is to install it internally in the system, with only that drive connected, and do a full wipe and reinstall on that drive.

TRENDING THREADS