Why does Newegg send items from a warehouse more than 1500 miles away from me when theres one within 15 miles?

21soraGX

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013
as described my item gets sent from L.A. when i live in New Jersey? how does that make sense and i made the order on saturday morning and didnt get proccessed until late sunday and i put 2day shipping

G

Maybe that item wasn't in stock at the warehouse nearby your location?

21soraGX

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013

2/3 warehouses that are closer to me than LA doesnt have one of the best selling items?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Newegg tends to ship from the location that is the lowest cost to ship and has the product on hand. Often, this is the warehouse closest to the customer, but not always. This was likely the only location with the ordered item at the time.

NeweggSupport

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013
Dear 21soraGX,

Like dopeysaidso and COLGeek mentioned (thank you), this usually happens because the item may not be available at that warehouse. We have strategically have warehouses in California, New Jersey and Tennessee to have faster deliveries; however, inventory is limited. If an item is out of stock in a particular warehouse, the order is routed to the next warehouse closest to the shipping location.

Newegg regularly does not process orders on the weekends; however, during this shopping season, we have been diligently working to process and ship order as soon as possible.

Please email us to Wecare@newegg.com if you have further questions or concerns. We'll be happy to help.

Newegg Support