why does ONLY my PC laptop keep getting disconnected from wifi (wifi is constant and mobile devices stay connected)?

dcbentzy

Reputable
Apr 28, 2015
I have two PC laptops -- lenovo and an HP and the same issue happens for both. Both run on Windows 8. Every so often they will disconnect from WiFi -- pretty frequently and it really disrupts lots of functions (shopping, filling out forms, online classes, etc) and makes them impossible.

However, there is absolutely no issue with the WiFi - the WiFi is NOT going out. All mobile devices (phones, ipads) have no issue and our macbook as no issue. It's just the PC/Windows laptops.

I have not been able to find this on any forums. All the answers always revolve around router issues. If anything I would think its the stock drivers on the PC laptops, but it could also be something unique to Windows 8 and fixable with a simple settings adjustment (that's my hope!)...

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

RealBeast

Titan
What is your living situation, free standing home, condo, apartment (i.e. local network density)?

Which model router? Are you using the 2.4 or 5GHz radio for laptops/other devices?

Have you checked for channel interference with the radio channel used by your laptops? If not, download the free home version of inSSIDer (a wifi analyzer) from HERE, run it and check the network tab for strong signals by channel that may be interfering with you.

TRENDING THREADS