[SOLVED] Why does people sell their laptops for too expensive?

Adam65

Great
Nov 29, 2020
I cant understand.. There's people who put their GTX 1650 laptop for $1200 Dollars while I can get a gtx 1650 Ti monster brand new for $1000 dollars, and this is not the only one, almost everyone sells theirs laptops for this price
Even a laptop without a gpu gets sold for $400.. Whats going on with theese people?

Solution
its just people been greedy , due to covid 19 laptops are in short supply.
Ove here in england i bought a new laptop just as covid 19 kicked off , it turned out to have a faulty battery , by the time i took it back our government told people that where possible.
It was a massive store and they had virtually nothing left , i had 2 choices , get a refund or pay £100 more , they showed me stock records to prove them were not pulling a fast one.
Fortunately i was able to afford a more expensive one.

rgd ... maybe he is just refering to the card and forgot to name the laptop make.
its just people been greedy , due to covid 19 laptops are in short supply.
Ove here in england i bought a new laptop just as covid 19 kicked off , it turned out to have a faulty battery , by the time i took it back our government told people that where possible.
It was a massive store and they had virtually nothing left , i had 2 choices , get a refund or pay £100 more , they showed me stock records to prove them were not pulling a fast one.
Fortunately i was able to afford a more expensive one.

rgd ... maybe he is just refering to the card and forgot to name the laptop make.

Reactions: Adam65
Solution

USAFRet

Titan
I cant understand.. There's people who put their GTX 1650 laptop for $1200 Dollars while I can get a gtx 1650 Ti monster brand new for $1000 dollars, and this is not the only one, almost everyone sells theirs laptops for this price
Even a laptop without a gpu gets sold for $400.. Whats going on with theese people?
Because purchasers are a bit clueless?
Like...people that consider ebay as a "store".

USAFRet

Titan
Ebay is a store.... its just a thrift store.

I actually just bought a WW2 U.S. Army corps of engineers compass, wanted something that would be reliable and not made in China.
ebay is an auction house. You are buying from "some dude", not ebay.
Ebay just facilitates the listing and money exchange.

Liek craigslist.
People ask: "Is it safe to buy from craigslist?"
Again, just a want ad listing. CL doesn't actually sell anything.