[SOLVED] Why does Rainbow Six Siege Lag When Discord Is being Used?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

matthewraagas87

Commendable
Jun 11, 2018
Hi all, I have been using discord whenever i play siege mainly for talking with team mates and friends, my problem is whenever I use discord it causes a drastic fps drop when I move my mouse left to right very fast. Standing still was at 120 fps and drops too 65-55 fps just because discord was running and causing stutters. I have tested the game without discord to make sure and it was perfectly fine with no fps drops. I could not find anything that would help and also tried setting the priority for Rainbow Six Siege to high but did not help or change anything. Every other game works fine with discord except for siege. Is this something wrong with my PC, discord or siege?
Help would be appreciated, thanks
Pc Specs: i5 7400, GTX 1060 3gb, 8gb ram 2400, windows 10 pro, 1TB HDD

Solution
Might as well try hardware acceleration to see what happens and see how severe fps drops are. Might be a coincidence and an over exaggerated warning. Could actually help who knows.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Not sure how it'll affect fps, afaik it's suppose to improve vsync input lag. I haven't tried it nor have the reason as i have Gsync. Try it, see how you go and monitor your fps.

Supposedly, this ultra feature only works in DX11 games, not DX12 or Vulkan API games. Nvidia has only recently included this feature and am learning about it too.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
If ultra low latency is causing problems it may be resolved in up coming driver releases.

Disable it for now and try Vsync on fast instead and if fast isn't enough, limit your fps a couple below refresh rate.

Previously said, 100% cpu usage can cause problems too. These days 4 cores isn't enough in modern games running high frame rates. Reduce frame rates with an fps limiter program and see.

matthewraagas87

Commendable
Jun 11, 2018
After the recent update of Rainbow Six Siege my game has been acting up by the CPU Usage always at 100% and my GPU would only be around 40-70%. I have the MSI Afterburner recording it. Has this happened to anyone?
I5 7400, GTX 1060 3gb, 16 gb 2400mhz, 600W psu, 240GB WD SSD, 1TB HDD

Oct 17, 2020
After the recent update of Rainbow Six Siege my game has been acting up by the CPU Usage always at 100% and my GPU would only be around 40-70%. I have the MSI Afterburner recording it. Has this happened to anyone?
I5 7400, GTX 1060 3gb, 16 gb 2400mhz, 600W psu, 240GB WD SSD, 1TB HDD
Its our cpu. I have the same CPU as you and it seems that almost every I5 bassically cant run siege. I have constant 100% CPU but if you run siege in steam as vulcan instead of the normal game then it should fix it. it did it to me i still have 100% cpu but no lag at all

TRENDING THREADS