[SOLVED] Why does Realtek Audio Manager say I have headphones and a mic plugged in?

May 16, 2020
My computer has had no audio for the last few days, I've checked to see if my sound is on and not muted, checked default sound in playback devices, checked for driver updates, uninstalled reinstalled drivers and headphones, and in the sound settings through control panel, it says "Realtek HD audio 2nd output". "Default Device", and the green bars show up when YouTube is playing a video. Also, there is nothing plugged into the ports for headphones/mic. I'm starting to think that it is the motherboard, but I can never figure out which part would be causing this error. One more thing, this is a new HDD and SSD with a new installation of Windows 10 Home.

Solution
Ok, do this in order to rule out hardware issue:
Go download some Linux distro (any of the known ones should do), make a bootable DVD or usb stick and boot it up to the Linux desktop. Then use the web browser and go to YouTube or similar to play something, is there sound now ?
Ok, do this in order to rule out hardware issue:
Go download some Linux distro (any of the known ones should do), make a bootable DVD or usb stick and boot it up to the Linux desktop. Then use the web browser and go to YouTube or similar to play something, is there sound now ?

Solution