[SOLVED] Why does SIMS 4 cause my PC to keep shutting down ?

Jan 28, 2021
Hello can someone help me i have amd a10 5800k with 750 watts psu. When i play Sims 4 my computer keeps shutting down for just 15-30 mins, but it doesn't shut down when I play Valorant ?

Does my computer hardware have a problem?

thanks in advance.

Solution
"My os is Windows 8.1 i have 8gb ram "

With only that information to go on it is very likely that your build is at some threshold level of performance where it can run Valorant but not Sims 4.

Could be heat related. Valorant may not be as demanding as Sims 4. Sims 4 on the other hand needs more power, heats up the system, shuts down until the system cools down.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Compare:

Your PC hardware specs to Sims 4's required hardware specs to Valorant's required hardware specs. What is different?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for errors codes, etc. related to the Sims 4 shutdowns.

Jan 28, 2021
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Compare:

Your PC hardware specs to Sims 4's required hardware specs to Valorant's required hardware specs. What is different?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for errors codes, etc. related to the Sims 4 shutdowns.
My os is Windows 8.1 i have 8gb ram

Ralston18

Titan
"My os is Windows 8.1 i have 8gb ram "

With only that information to go on it is very likely that your build is at some threshold level of performance where it can run Valorant but not Sims 4.

Could be heat related. Valorant may not be as demanding as Sims 4. Sims 4 on the other hand needs more power, heats up the system, shuts down until the system cools down.

Solution