[SOLVED] Why does someone keep hacking my accounts?

iseeu1001

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2012
Like for instance when I log into my imgur account I would see an image that I didn’t post and it’s a spam post. I have had my fake Twitter account hacked also. I deleted my imgur just today since I rarely use that and I deleted my fake Twitter along time ago. Why am I being a target? I am even using vpn for Christ sakes and even had my up address changed. Lucky they can’t crack hack into my paypal account or my bank account.

Solution
Like for instance when I log into my imgur account I would see an image that I didn’t post and it’s a spam post. I have had my fake Twitter account hacked also. I deleted my imgur just today since I rarely use that and I deleted my fake Twitter along time ago. Why am I being a target? I am even using vpn for Christ sakes and even had my up address changed. Lucky they can’t crack hack into my paypal account or my bank account.
Most likely reason is that your credentials were compromised it one of the large breaches. If you don't use a unique password for each account and don't use two factor authentication, then you are an easier target.
Practice good password discipline (12 character minimum length) and make them all...

kanewolf

Titan
Most likely reason is that your credentials were compromised it one of the large breaches. If you don't use a unique password for each account and don't use two factor authentication, then you are an easier target.
Practice good password discipline (12 character minimum length) and make them all unique. Use two factor authentication. Don't load software (including phone apps) from questionable sources.

Solution
Their are 3 reasons why users get hacked , 1st , sloppy security ... no offence to you , 2nd because they can and 3rd because the internet is full of open doors.
Example , if i told you a name tag i use and you typed it into a browser you would see links to all sorts of things i have taken part in AND be able to look at the content.
That said , if you tried to go onto sort some of those websites i contributed to then you would not be able to read my content unless you was a member.
I dont use and social media now because somebody hacked my account and built up a false me , the joke is all i needed to do was re change my password , i then "burned" the account.

With regards to paypal and bank accounts etc ..... NEVER use a bookmark because if you get hit by keylogger software it sits and waits for you to use bookmarks and shortcuts.

As well as av i use antimalware bytes , if it finds anything just repeat scans after quarantine until it finds nothing else because not all segments get found and deleted on first pass.