Question why does the intel 12700h have lower temperature than 6800h

Feb 12, 2023
am really confused i bought same laptop with same gpu and everything and the only difference i notice was that the 12700h was having lower temp i found this out using the msi afterburner and it confused me alot to why this was the case because i know the 6800h has 7nm while intel has 10nm though the intel version was running abit louder by slight margin but cooler can someone explain this to my why the intel had lower temp

Feb 12, 2023
There could be alot of factors here.
The processors share the same TDP, but that is not the only story.
The intel could have a better designed cooling system, different thermal paste/solder on the CPU die, different power management settings, etc.
now that you mention that it might be soldered better
AMD CPUs report the hottest part of the CPU as the CPU temperature. I believe Intel reports the average temperature of the die. So the Intel part may not necessarily be running cooler, it only appears that way.
can you elaborate

now that you mention that it might be soldered better
Laptop CPUs typically do not have a heat spreader and aren't solder to the cooling system. So there's no solder here. Also I doubt that laptop manufacturers use a different thermal paste between Intel and AMD because that's extra things to stock. They'll find one that works for both because logistically that's less of a headache.

can you elaborate
Ryzen processors have several temperature sensors. What the CPU reports as "CPU temperature" is the hottest spot. The average tends to be lower (though this screenshot was taken when I was running a game so the averages are closer to the hotspot)

fCXGrfM.png

These two apps are NZXT CAM and HWiNFO. HWiNFO is able to pull more information about the thermal sensors.

I haven't profiled an Intel machine in the past 5 years so I'm not sure exactly which sensor they report as the CPU temperature. But my feeling is they report the average temperature.