Why does the left speaker of my bluetooth earphone suddenly sound much lower than the right one?

hydroflaric

Prominent
Oct 10, 2017
I purchased a pair of Philips bluetooth earphones two months ago because I finally wanted a lack of restriction with wires along with the frustrating problem of having earphones that are 2 years old suddenly stop have no audio in one earbud due to the wires in the jack getting twisted.

Well, it looks like I had a different problem now only 2 month in!...I took out the earphones from my backpack three weeks ago and found that the left earbud's plastic case had fallen off. From what I saw, the speaker was not exposed and I thought that some $10 superglue from the store would solve the issue. I tried my best to only apply a bit on the edges. It worked but now...I think that some may have leaked into the speaker..or not.

I think it's quite disappointing that this is happening so soon for earphones that are this pricey especially since my warranty is gone.

Is there a shop I could take it for repairs?

Solution
Doubt that any shop could profitably repair the earphones for less than the cost of new ones.

Willing to be proven wrong so no harm in getting few quotes. But do ask about repair warranties....

To go "off track" somewhat I am finding that "super glues" etc. are not all they are advertised to be. Plus manufacturer's do not wish to have their products repairable in any way.

A couple of "superglue" projects resulted in no bond or the glue melting any plastics (usually the case nowadays).

I try to treat everything I have carefully and protectively. Stuff still breaks.

Unfortunately, a backpack is not enough protection (if any) for many products. The products are designed to break.

About all anyone can do is to treat what they have...

Ralston18

Titan
Doubt that any shop could profitably repair the earphones for less than the cost of new ones.

Willing to be proven wrong so no harm in getting few quotes. But do ask about repair warranties....

To go "off track" somewhat I am finding that "super glues" etc. are not all they are advertised to be. Plus manufacturer's do not wish to have their products repairable in any way.

A couple of "superglue" projects resulted in no bond or the glue melting any plastics (usually the case nowadays).

I try to treat everything I have carefully and protectively. Stuff still breaks.

Unfortunately, a backpack is not enough protection (if any) for many products. The products are designed to break.

About all anyone can do is to treat what they have with some care and attention. I like small plastic boxes for storage.

May get at least a reasonable amount of service from the product.

Solution