[SOLVED] Why does Watch Dogs 2 run so bad with my system?

Mar 7, 2020
Components:
RX5700XT Red Devil
Ryzen 5 3600
16GB Trident Z RGB 3600MHZ CL18
SSD 860 EVO 1TB
MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC ( Latest BIOS)
be quiet! Dark Rock Slim
Fractal Design Meshify C Dark
3x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans
be quiet! Pure Power 11

So I downloaded Watch Dogs 2 again. On my old pc it ran over 60fps and everything was fine.

When I first played it I thougt its the settings or something but after watching so many videos it still lags, I get around 55fps in the town and like 76 outside of town.

My old pc had an FX4100 and GTX960 why is my new pc with so good components lagging so much?

My temps are fine, this makes me really mad because i now have a 144hz monitor and as many of you know 60-70fps looks like 15fps on a 144hz monitor.

Solution
its an 80+ gold 750w one, i bought it new and It works just fine. I just updated my bios to the newest AMD website version but it still runs the same. Also no matter what i change in the graphic settings if i turn it down to 720p it will still be the same fps and if i turn the settings to low it also doesnt change the fps i did not cap it or anything
Do you still have the 960 to try out?
Sometimes on new GPUs they don't implement improvements for older games.
You could also try a monitoring software to see if all your CPU cores run at the clocks they should be running at.

Lutfij

Titan
People say latest BIOS and then after asking(and showing a screenshot) we find that they were on a previous BIOS version. Just for the sake of good measure, it's good if you could state which BIOS version you're on without saying latest BIOS. To add, did you try using DDU to uninstall your current GPU drivers and then reinstalling the drivers with the latest from Nvidia's support site? Install the drivers manually in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

You forgot to mention the wattage of the PSU as well. If it's was recycled, include the unit's age.

Mar 7, 2020
People say the latest BIOS and then after asking(and showing a screenshot), we find that they were on a previous BIOS version. Just for the sake of good measure, it's good if you could state which BIOS version you're on without saying the latest BIOS. To add, did you try using DDU to uninstall your current GPU drivers and then reinstalling the drivers with the latest from Nvidia's support site? Install the drivers manually in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

You forgot to mention the wattage of the PSU as well. If it's was recycled, include the unit's age.

its an 80+ gold 750w one, i bought it new and It works just fine. I just updated my bios to the newest AMD website version but it still runs the same. Also no matter what i change in the graphic settings if i turn it down to 720p it will still be the same fps and if i turn the settings to low it also doesnt change the fps i did not cap it or anything

Do you still have the 960 to try out?
Sometimes on new GPUs they don't implement improvements for older games.
You could also try a monitoring software to see if all your CPU cores run at the clocks they should be running at.

Solution