Why does Windows 10 report that I have a second Local Disk?

May 27, 2018
I do not own an SSD nor do I have any external storage plugged into my system. I have a Toshiba DT01ACA100 Hard Drive.

As the images show, when I go onto My Computer it shows that I have two disks. Curiously, the second disk (the 'unknown' one) only has a capacity of 448MB and apparantly is almost full, despite the fact that - when viewed - shows that the contents of the drive are empty.

The second image is the result for when I attempt to wipe the disk. It mentions that I can clean up DirectX Shader Cache and doing so will save 0 bytes. Affirming that the drive is empty.
What I was wondering is: why has this drive appeared? How do I get rid of it? I normally wouldn't mind it being there but Windows is pestering me to clean the disk to save space.

I have did a clean sweep of my USB ports and there is no other device that I don't already know about that is plugged into the hubs. Additionally, I can see that it is only my Toshiba hard drive that is in my bracket.
help1.JPG
help2.JPG

All other information will be available upon request. I have included a list of my specs below:
CPU: Intel i5 6400 @2.7 GHz, stock Intel cooler.
GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 6GB.
Motherboard: Gigabye H110M-S2H-CF
RAM: Crucial 2x8GB DDR4
PSU: Corsair CX500 500W PSU (Bronze Efficiency)
HDD: Toshiba DT01ACA100
No SSD or any other external storage device currently in use.