[SOLVED] why doesn’t my computer display on my monitor?

Dec 14, 2019
So I’m not that tech savvy when it comes to most things so I didn’t build my computer and instead had it custom made by a company. I wanted to add more RAM, saw that it had ddr4 3200s in it already so got a couple more ddr4 3200 8gb RAM sticks and attempted putting them in. After MUCH struggle I finally got them secured into place. I booted my computer back up and turned on my monitor and...nothing. It just tells me no signal. I tried turning my computer back off and on again, I tried unplugging and replugging my HDMI cable back into both the computer and the monitor and still...NOTHING!!! I’m super irritated at the moment considering I spent $2500 on this computer and monitor and only got it about 2 months ago. PLEASE HELP 😭

Solution
have you tried removing the newly installed RAM and seeing if it boots?
mixing RAM modules is always tricky, it may work, it may work for a bit, it may not boot at all. its like gambling, what have the fates in store?

Canned Grounding Rant-
shut down system and remove side panel. with the power cable plugged into the PSU touch a bare unpainted metal area of the case. (my favorite spot is an unpainted screw securing the PSU) once you have grounded yourself you can unplug the computers power cable from the PSU and can touch the system.
if you move your feet, or shuffle in your chair, plug in the cord, reground yourself and unplug again.
end canned rant-

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
mixing RAM modules is always tricky, it may work, it may work for a bit, it may not boot at all. its like gambling, what have the fates in store?

Canned Grounding Rant-
shut down system and remove side panel. with the power cable plugged into the PSU touch a bare unpainted metal area of the case. (my favorite spot is an unpainted screw securing the PSU) once you have grounded yourself you can unplug the computers power cable from the PSU and can touch the system.
if you move your feet, or shuffle in your chair, plug in the cord, reground yourself and unplug again.
end canned rant-

Solution
Dec 14, 2019

Canned Grounding Rant-
end canned rant-
I actually tried that not too long ago but I still got the same results. I have an uncle who works with computers for a living who is supposed to come over tomorrow and see if he can figure out the issue.

Dec 14, 2019
So my dad decided to take a look at it and, after taking all the RAM sticks out and putting them back in, managed to fix it. I’d just like to say that I already tried that method before and it didn’t work so idk why it worked for him but oh well. I’m just happy that my computer is back up and running.

TRENDING THREADS