Question why doesn't my fps change in csgo after lowering the settings?

Sep 3, 2019
Hello,i have recently noticed this problem when benchmarking csgo.If i play on the ultra 1080 p preset or the lowest preset i still get the same fps 110-150 and nothing more despite my cpu and gpu performance being really low(doesn't exceed 50%) meaning that it isn't too much for any of them to handle
My specs:
intel core i5 9600k
geforce rtx 2060
16 gb ram
144 hz 1920x1080 monitor

Be careful how you interpret task manager cpu utilizations.
Windows will spread the activity of a single thread over all available threads.
So, if you had a game that was single threaded and cpu bound, it would show up on a quad core processor as 25%
utilization across all 4 threads.
leading you to think your bottleneck was elsewhere.

Sep 3, 2019
lowering the settings decreases the load on the GPU, but, if you are CPU-limited, it would make no difference. (That being the case, you might as well max out settings/quality and enjoy the visuals...)
is there any way to increase fps because i prioritize performance over quality

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2019
What is your motherboard?
If you have a Z370 or Z390 motherboard you can overclock the 9600k considerably.
In particular, with a Z390 motherboard try the intel performance maximizer app that will OC your unique setup to the best possible performance level.
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-cpu-auto-overclock-performance-maximizer,6179.html
i have an asrock z390 motherboard but wouldn't the overclocking not change anything since my cpu isn't even near its max performance?