Question Why doesn't my SSD work when plug it in

SSGB8

Commendable
Dec 1, 2020
When I plug it in I get an error and I try all of them. I even try using ones from my other SSD and I get "3rd master". And check bios it shows everything like the storage. Should buy a USB one or not? SSD(SK Hynix S31 SSD)

That error shown above would seem more indicative of the mainboard dropping all of it's BIOS settings , similar to those symptoms that occur with a CMOS battery failure... (but, perhaps that is being induced whenever a faulty SSD is connected, assuming no BIOS issues with whichever SSD is used)

SSGB8

Commendable
Dec 1, 2020
That error shown above would seem more indicative of the mainboard dropping all of it's BIOS settings , similar to those symptoms that occur with a CMOS battery failure... (but, perhaps that is being induced whenever a faulty SSD is connected, assuming no BIOS issues with whichever SSD is used)
So it most likely a faulty SSD. Because by other ssd is working fine when plug it in. But should still by usb Sata just in case?

Perhaps you can test the SSD in any other desktop to be sure...; if issues develop there as well, you're done wondering..

As it is a fairly old socket 1366 board, it could be a BIOS/hardware recognition/interfacing issue...; if that's the case, the SSD will likely work fine elsewhere.

TRENDING THREADS