Why doesn't the "Desktop GPU Performance Hierarchy" get any updates?

Solution
While the GPU hierarchy is a good quick resource, it's still not a substitute for doing full-blown research before buying a card; So I don't personally view it as a huge issue that it's missing a 1050 & 1050ti currently. I believe that's compiled by someone in their free time, that they're not paid for - so I'm sure they have more important things to deal with.

FWIW, I would anticipate the 1050ti will sit somewhere around the 590/680/770 bracket, with the 1050 to sit around the 580/670/960 or 660ti/760/950 bracket.

ragnar-gd

Reputable
Missing: 1050 ti, and 1050. These are important cards. Additionally, there are some strange formattings in it. The "Best GPU for money" took it's time as well. The same is true for CPUs.
Many people visited this page, as it provided guidance on GPUs and CPUs, especially when buying or judging used items.
Neglecting these pages does not look good for me - but this is more of a problem for Toms Hardware (or shows problems of Toms Hardware) than for me. I just go elsewhere. Moreover, it would not have been a lot of work, really.
I just hope all is well at my favourite site, you know...

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
While the GPU hierarchy is a good quick resource, it's still not a substitute for doing full-blown research before buying a card; So I don't personally view it as a huge issue that it's missing a 1050 & 1050ti currently. I believe that's compiled by someone in their free time, that they're not paid for - so I'm sure they have more important things to deal with.

FWIW, I would anticipate the 1050ti will sit somewhere around the 590/680/770 bracket, with the 1050 to sit around the 580/670/960 or 660ti/760/950 bracket.

Solution

ragnar-gd

Reputable
The author Chris Angelini happens to be the manager of Toms Hardware USA.
It is linked from THE major page that recommends hardware (GPUs, that is, on a site dedicated to Gamers Delights).
So i ask myself, if that person has "more important things to do", what might that be?
<irony on> Change the topic of Toms Hardware to Gamers Smartphones? <irony off>
Or rather talk to companys to provide more advertisments - directly or indirectly - on THW, to pay some unpaid bills?
Dear Barty, i now surf the web for decades, and i've seen things like this many times before, online and offline.
"If you want your neighbourhood not to go downhill, remove graffity as early as possible, but also repair broken windows as fast as possible."
If you know Chris, contact him, and advise him to not have something like that discussion on reddit in Spring 2016 so early again.
If you prefer, we should rather continue that discussion on PM, shouldn't we?