Question why dont i get estimated though having a better pc rig

Apr 27, 2019
my rig is
i5 8400
geil evo ram 8gb 2400 mhz
gpu zotac gtx 1660ti amp 6gb
every games i play keep stuttering like ac origins , witcher 3, farcry 5 on max. but in video it should have hit least 60 fps minimum.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
What those videos don't show is the setup required to get that fps. In nvidia control panel/global settings use performance not quality. Turn grass details to medium, viewing distance to medium. Change pre-rendered frames from 3 to 1.
In windows, disable Xbox DVR and game bar. Turn off/disable any any background running apps like windows store and Cortana. Make sure that windows is optimized, run Ccleaner (piriform.com,default settings) to clean out caches and internet temp to files.

Understand, most ppl doing those videos are only showing what is possible, not what is probable. There's a rather large difference between your average homeowner gaming type pc and one setup specifically for just game videos.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
you never know what they are really running on and at what settings and so on and so on. obviously it's not right or you'd be able to do the same.

best place to ask is on youtube where the videos are posted and see if maybe they can shed some light on what settings they are using. but obviously it is not a blanket "set it all to max and enjoy" setting.

i'm sure windows is optimized as well to ensure the best performance

Apr 27, 2019
thanks a lot all.
should i add 8 gb more ram?
you all are pretty sure its not my hardware issue. i was planning to contact my retailer about my problem. i thought its bottlenecking

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Assassins Creed is a terribly optimized game, one of the reasons it's so often used in benchmarks, it's brutal on a cpu's ability to put up fps. Far Cry 5 and Witcher 3 are also hard on a cpu and are all 3 are optimized for 8 thread usage so are really hard on quad cores. With all that weight packed onto 4 thread quads, anything that affects performance will be even larger. Just 1 setting out of place can have disastrous results.

There are also videos out on settings to use for getting better performance for specific games, but don't make the assumption everything is the same. So far you mention just the cpu/gpu. There's no mention of the videos using NVMe drives with the games instead of Sata or hdd. Is the pagefile set on hdd, or ssd, is it a low performance ssd or a Samsung Pro. There's many things that'll affect total fps output that those videos don't explain, aren't forthcoming with etc.