Question Why everything looks worse on my brand new 27 inch 1080p gaming monitor than my 1080p 32 inch smart tv.

Jaspe136

Commendable
Dec 24, 2020
I just got a new gaming monitor and I immediately noticed that my games look way worse than on my tv , I mean I can deal with it but it looks kinda foggy and pixelated ´,. Isn't games supposed to look better as the screen is smaller and they are both full hd. If i use Nvidia image sharpening from the control panel the games look fine but not all games support image sharpening. My desktop look fine and aswell everything else but if i play games or watch a video from YouTube they look pretty bad. Even playing the games without image sharpening is not nice as the games look blurry foggy and noisy. I have the latest display drivers, my monitor is Asus tuf gaming VG27VH1b, my CPU is amd Ryzen 5 3500 and my gpu is gtx 1650. I have been trying to find ways to make my screen sharper but the only thing that seems to work is the Nvidia image sharpening. and now im kind of sad that i have played over a year with a tv and now i invested in a monitor and it looks super bad compared to my tv and my tv isnt a new 4k Samsung tv. Its a LG from like the year 2017. I tried another HDMI cable but that did nothing and i think the cable is a hdmi 2.0. Also I don't have a display port on my gpu. I have tried messing with my displays setting but they don't do anything and there's no setting to increase the sharpness and ofc I'm on the native resolution. I would insert images but this thing doesn't let me. If you have any ideas that what could be wrong or what should I do please tell.

"sharpness" of a screen is a direct function of the viewing distance & pixel density. Yes, a 27" 1080p screen has a higher pixel density than a 32" 1080p, but if you're viewing the 32" TV at 2-4x the distance, it's going to look sharper.

Make sure you've got in-game resolution set to 1920x1080. Verify that the monitor resolution (in Windows settings) is set to 1920x1080.

There should also be a sharpness setting on the OSD of the monitor. Perhaps that's turned down?

Jaspe136

Commendable
Dec 24, 2020
There is no option to change the sharpness for my monitor and also the TV was pretty close to me, resolution is set to native on the game as on Windows and I just compared them both and noticed that the tv don't require any image sharpening having 4x the level of detail without the sharpening. Also the videos look 5x more worse on the monitor (when the youtuber goes to a dark area I can literally see pixel squares) than on the tv even if your staring the tv from 40cm. Probably returning the monitor if there isn't any solution.

Ferimer

Distinguished
There is no option to change the sharpness for my monitor and also the TV was pretty close to me, resolution is set to native on the game as on Windows and I just compared them both and noticed that the tv don't require any image sharpening having 4x the level of detail without the sharpening. Also the videos look 5x more worse on the monitor (when the youtuber goes to a dark area I can literally see pixel squares) than on the tv even if your staring the tv from 40cm. Probably returning the monitor if there isn't any solution.
What GPU do you have ? If it's Nvidia then try this video
View: https://youtu.be/40_ayCrK--A
it worked great for me

TRENDING THREADS