why freesync feels much smoother then gsync?

jorj02

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2015
i have 2 monitors with two pc rigs one with gtx 1080 ti and the other with vega 64 the first monitor of gsync is pg258q and the other with freesync aw2518hf when i test both its feels much smoother with freesync then gsync tested with two cap fps 236 fps on both monitors any reasons gsync feels sluggish then freesync?

Can you provide cpu/ram info on the two rigs as well?
also when you compare, can you list the following?
A is Gsync monitor
B is freesync monitor
C is rig 1 with 1080ti
D is rig 2 with Vega 64
Are you saying AD is better than AC or just BD is better than AC?

jorj02

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2015

A 2133MHZ i7 4790k
B 2400mhz i7 8700k
BD feels much clear motion then ac

iamacow

Admirable
That is not a True A-B comparison. different memory speeds and CPU. Besides that, how much memory do they have? What is the game running off of (ie SSD)? Do they both have clean windows installs to avoid unnecessary resource usage? How about Anti-Virus software, is it disabled or only on one and not the other?

I believe you are seeing a difference because of all the unknown factors causing wrapped data sets, but I don't think if you did a actual A-B test there would be any noticeable difference. aka placebo effect.

yeah, ram could play a role here too, and 8700k is better for CPU-demanding AAA titles for more cores/threads.
To me, it may not be an issue. I will just unplug 1080 ti and put on B and see if gsync looks good
If you want to try so, be sure to delete old gpu driver before the swap.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
The big difference I have noticed is games tend to prefer one of the other even if the API supports both. FreeSync's version of HDR seems to be more realistic in my opinion over Nvidia and you can gain the full benefits of FreeSync using a Displayport or HDMI.