Question Why FTP Downloads keep dropping and seems like a server block takes place?

kaseftamjid

Reputable
Nov 21, 2018
So this problem has irritated me for a really,really long time.
Ps.I use IDM

My WiFi provider has some ftp servers which always has files that i want to download. So when downloading files (Movies,Games etc.) the download speed seems pretty awesome. But after a time the download stops. a message shows up that the server has refused connection. The files i Download are basically large files 30-40 GBs. I called my isp and they said that they know nothing of this. I also came to know that the "servers" they use is just a windows pc with big storage.

I first thought that this was my isp problem. But few hours ago i tried to download some stuff from ftp server on the internet. As i kept adding more files eg. more threads to the server, THE SAME THING HAPPENED!!

So what i want to know is what can my isp do to fix the issue, Is there a way to remove the per user thread thing? I also cant download from the server for a long time. And the half-downloaded files are non-resumable

kaseftamjid

Reputable
Nov 21, 2018
Same thing happens.. but it takes a while. As i asked.. the files are often 30-40 parts each so single download is painful. (can you imagine downloading bleach (anime) one by one?