[SOLVED] Why go apple??

Status
Not open for further replies.

xx_pemdas_xx

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
So from a technical stand point why should anyone buy an apple? ( besides looks i want technical answers!)

They cost much more the parts used to make them?? why spend so much for so little??

The operating system is not compatible unless you imulate windows.. DUH why get a new OS if its non campatable unless you use windows imulated. just use windows as a base and imulate the OSX??

They can play almost no games.. woot TF2

the software that makes them "special" can be used in windows and in linux

the hardware works better and faster with windows running on it and linux.

every six months there is a new OSX.. and you must buy the new one to use the software (itunes 10)

They use intel processers and not AMD..???

Just wanting to know if someone can clear this up with me? It seems that going apple is not logical, its like going bananas for looks..

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008

The MacBook Pro's are highly rated, as are most of Apple's other components. When you buy an Apple computer you are getting a high quality machine.

Say what? Why would you want to emulate Window on OS X to begin with? Try emulating OS X on your Windows box and tell us how it goes.

You may want to check your facts here.

Final Cut, Logic Pro, GarageBand, etc.? Again, check your facts...you can not run either of these apps and there are others.

Well, I have run Windows on new Mac's and the same app will actually run faster in OS X then the Windows equivalent using VMWare, or Boot Camp. Do you know what you are talking about?

You must be a middle schooler. The Mac OS comes out with a new version ever 18-24 months...or so. When it does come out and you decide to buy the newer version, then you can be assured that you will only have to pay $20 or so for the new OS. Compare it to Windows...about the same with the design cycle, but the biggest difference is in the upgrade costs.

Yea, so what?

The only thing illogical around here is you. You could answer your own questions if you wanted to, but it is apparent that you are a troll.

Not a troll. Easy there.
However.

As Yoder proves, macs are not worse tech-wise. They can run the same apps, generally (most new games are mac-compatible). The new ones finally have decent hardware, here referring to GPUs.

They're very handsome, and often brilliantly designed (iMac!!).

OSX is superior to windows. Hands down. (More apps for windows not included, but as I said, most new things are compatible.) You pay with a closed system, but what you get is a much more user-friendly experience. In my experience, on macs things just WORK. You don't get stupid bugs or random crashes or crazy viruses. Application menus make actual sense, and the filing system is much cleaner. There are neat apps like iWork (I think it's the best word processor), Logic, etc as he said above. You lose a few choices hardware-wise, but you get a better-designed operating system.

They use Intel because Intel processors are better. They're also much more expensive, but that's how macs work.

Basically, Macs are a superior experience for an absurd premium. I had a mac when my parents paid for it, but now that it's my money I'm on Windows.

servarus

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
Don't forget onLive and Steam. That should ramp up the number of games. Though with reduction in performance.

With heavy mark up price. Only the wealthy can afford.

This, I disagree. Macs crash. Differently. And Macs has fewer viruses because they have fewer user. As they grow, more and more viruses will emerge. I wonder the add Apple use will be valid? It works because it is in a closed environment.

I agree on the filing system. Easy, neat, and cleaner. Undoubtedly faster. And there's a lot of nice apps. iWork = WIN.

I think what makes the Mac experience goes down the drain, to people who love Windows is not because the hardware or software. It's because of Apple. Just my 5 cents.

As you wanted feedback I thought I'd report back. OS X runs just fine in VMWare on my Windows 7 box.

Status
Not open for further replies.