Question Why has most of my games started to stutter?

Sep 30, 2019
It started about a week ago and I don't know what's causing it because all my drivers are up to date and my pc is only like 1 year old. It doesn't stutter in one specific game but in all other games there will be a 2-3 second stutter every 5-10 minutes, so it's not that bad, but when it happens it's annoying because I play a lot of competetive games. Any suggestions? I really hope it's not a faulty component.

Clearly the first suspect is......forever elusive, without at least some system details,... the more the better. :)

Did you per chance add streaming to the mix? DIsable all unneeded /extraneous services (cloud storage, even AV during your brief testing

(Check assorted core/package temps and clock speeds via HWMonitor, looking for any evidence of potential thermal throttling) Is the system air or liquid cooled?

Sep 30, 2019
Clearly the first suspect is......forever elusive, without at least some system details,... the more the better. :)

Did you per chance add streaming to the mix? DIsable all unneeded /extraneous services (cloud storage, even AV during your brief testing

(Check assorted core/package temps and clock speeds via HWMonitor, looking for any evidence of potential thermal throttling) Is the system air or liquid cooled?
Right, sorry about that.

System info:
CPU: Intel Core i5 8600k 3.6 GHz
GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 1070 TI
Motherboard: Asus prime z370-a
RAM: 16gb of ddr4 ram 3433MHz (Don't remember the name)
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO M.2
PSU: Corsair RM750X
Operative system: Windows 10 64x

Pretty much all the programs I have are set to not start when system starts so I don't have many programs running in the background

I checked the temps on my GPU and they seem to be fine. At high load the temp was around 50C and I doubt my CPU is getting warm because I have a noctua DH-15 installed plus 4 case fans.