[SOLVED] Why have monitor prices skyrocketed?

Apr 17, 2020
I was looking to buy a good monitor for under $200, and I found the Sceptre C248B-144RN for $154. It was curved, had 144hz refresh rate, two HDMI ports, and it was all around what I was planning on getting. I was planning on purchasing it after a few days, once a previous package had been returned and I had my money back. But I went on to Amazon the next day, and the monitor was then $300 (299.99). I was disappointed and thought it was some weird mistake. The next day I went on and saw it as $154 again. I wanted to buy it, but I still needed the money from the returned package and thought I would be able to wait. I then went on the next hour and it had skyrocketed back to $300. I went to different sites with the monitor and they had all skyrocketed too. This new $300 price has stayed the same now, and I cannot for the life of me find why this budget monitor suddenly soared in price. If anyone knows please tell me, this has been pretty annoying and frustrating.

Solution
People working from home due to COVID-19.

On Amazon there are also 3rd party sellers, one may be selling it for $300, while Amazon sells it for $150. Whenever Amazon stock runs out, the 3rd party seller's price will be shown next.
People working from home due to COVID-19.

On Amazon there are also 3rd party sellers, one may be selling it for $300, while Amazon sells it for $150. Whenever Amazon stock runs out, the 3rd party seller's price will be shown next.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS