• Our team is working to address issues posting quotes or media to the forums. Please bear with us as we get this sorted out.

Question why high ram usage windows 7?

anant024

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2013
hey why win7 pro using so much ram, ? i had page file disabled since i am using SSD on this older system and now i had to enable it, its put on win managed.

Only got a one p2p client and vlc running nothing else. I got 16gb DDr3 and fresh ram is not available or just makes no sense to get it current price.
i have already ran virus check, using MS essentials.
View: https://imgur.com/a/yWGLg7S

Vyrvelata

Commendable
Well using MS essentials for win7 it's like you didn't use nothing at all...
Also what is the top process in task manager with description "t" ?

Win 7 (or any windows) usually uses a lot of ram for brief period of time during downloading updates....
Best if you download trial Bitdefender Internet Security and run a proper sweep of the system!

Reactions: anant024

anant024

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2013
its torrent client :p but ram usage is not going down, staying at 5gb only if i restart it goes down then back up soon !

Last edited:

Vyrvelata

Commendable
its torrent client :p but ram usage is not going down, staying at 5ghz only if i restart it goes down then back up soon !
I had some problems with utorrent... its stacking some adds on top of each other and until I restart the system... the ram usage is going thru the roof... for 2-3 days it consumes... 3-4GB Ram (from 300MB the first day)...Use let's say qbittorrent... I'm very pleased with it... using it for couple month's now.... it's SOO much better than free utorrent!

Reactions: anant024

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS