Why i always see my cpu between 3.20 and 3.30 ghz while not doing anything?

roudy-s

Reputable
Jan 21, 2017
Hello guys i need to know if this is normal i have a ryzen 5 1600x cpu on an asus a320m-a motherboard and a gtx 1070 with 16gb ram ddr4 8x2 stick hyperx fury and a hdd i wanna know why i see my cpu when i am not doing anything between 3.20 and 3.30 ghz and sometimes it hits its turbo boost at 4.1ghz i have power plan put to amd ryzen balanced and thank you.

Solution
The operating frequency range of the processor is defined by the multiplier (range). The lower multiplier times the bus speed is the idle frequency. The upper multiplier times the bus speed is the turbo boost frequency.

If you have CPU-Z, it displays the range under the "core speed" (at least it does on my version). The operating frequency will bounce around between those two values based upon the demand placed on the processor at any given time.
The operating frequency range of the processor is defined by the multiplier (range). The lower multiplier times the bus speed is the idle frequency. The upper multiplier times the bus speed is the turbo boost frequency.

If you have CPU-Z, it displays the range under the "core speed" (at least it does on my version). The operating frequency will bounce around between those two values based upon the demand placed on the processor at any given time.

Solution