[SOLVED] Why i am not getting the speed on evo 970 plus as advertised ?

Oct 26, 2020
My laptop model is g3-571 .

What my question is in file explorer while transferring single(large file) or multiple large files the write speed is about 1.70 gbps high and 1.20 gbps as constant. But on reviews i have seen the other users can get 2.10 gbps as constant . Is this issue is due to old hardware on my laptop ?
( My ssd benchmark results are same as others. )
How can i get 3gbps trasfer speed as advertised ? Even the 970 and 960 series can get this speed.
Thank you.

Solution
1. Should i keep the setup files and install that on same drive in order experience the full speed ?
2.Can we see the file transfer speed diff on 980 series around 2.5 gbps ?

My queries solved with these set of questions thank you so much for your patience.
  1. And that would be read/write to and from the same drive. In the grand scheme of things, it does not matter that much. The NVMe drives are faster that SATA III SSD, which are faster than spinning HDD.
  2. The 980, on a motherboard with PCIe 4.0 ports...will be a bit faster than the 970. But we're chasing diminishing returns here.
Oct 26, 2020
And that is why.
Reading and writing to the same physical drive WILL be much slower than copying from one fast drive to another.

No drive is the same . Let me explain in clear way.

For example : C drive is samsung evo 970 plus .where that is having two folders named Folder 1 and folder 2 and i am copying a file named Gravity.mkv ( which is about 20 gb) from folder 1 to folder 2 . At that time the transfer speed is only about 1.5 gbps.

USAFRet

Titan
No drive is the same . Let me explain in clear way.

For example : C drive is samsung evo 970 plus .where that is having two folders named Folder 1 and folder 2 and i am copying a file named Gravity.mkv ( which is about 20 gb) from folder 1 to folder 2 . At that time the transfer speed is only about 1.5 gbps.
Right.
Copying from Folder 1 to Folder 2 WILL be much slower than the advertised speed of that drive.
It is doing two things at once...reading and writing.

Reactions: Ranjith M

FoxVoxDK

Distinguished
If you take a look at the tests, Crystal Disk Mark, first tests reads then writes, a file transfer on the same drive, whether it's in the same folder or not is considered a mixed workload as all IOPS are split between reading and writing and you'll see half speed or lower.

Oct 26, 2020
Yes.
The 970 and 960, Pro or Evo, benchmark almost exactly the same.

That is not what you are doing here.
Again, doing these two operations on the same drive at the same time WILL be much slower than that benchmark number.

How can i get that benchmark number ?
Like when installing a game or what ?
How can see the difference between 960 and 970 ?

In short,I would like to experience its speed in terms of number.

Oct 26, 2020
  1. Only in the benchmark test...:)
  2. Installing a game depends on where that game is coming from
  3. There is almost no performance difference between a 960 and 970. Single digit percentage points, if that.

1. Should i keep the setup files and install that on same drive in order experience the full speed ?

My queries solved with these set of questions thank you so much for your patience.

USAFRet

Titan

1. And that would be read/write to and from the same drive. In the grand scheme of things, it does not matter that much. The NVMe drives are faster that SATA III SSD, which are faster than spinning HDD.
  2. The 980, on a motherboard with PCIe 4.0 ports...will be a bit faster than the 970. But we're chasing diminishing returns here.

Solution
Oct 26, 2020

I too feel the same bro. Thanks alot.

Rapid technology is disabled for nvme ssd's but enabling that through bios causes degrade on lifespan on ssd's ?