Why i can setup VPN client for windows xp but no windows 7

clcl

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
Hello, recently I've installed a VPN client software called "TheGreenBow". It works perfectly with Windows XP. It can't work at Windows 7. The VPN client software is support up to Win7. I wan to know is there any settings that need to do on Win 7?

This may be a 32bit vs. 64bit issue. For example, the CISCO VPN Client works fine for 32bit XP, Vista, and Win7; but they have not yet released a 64bit version. Is this also the case with your GreenBow client? If so, you may be able to run it in a 32bit virtual machine on your 64bit OS.

isamuelson

Distinguished
Don't know much about TheGreenBow, but I do know that VMWare Player works with Windows 7 (both 32-bit and 64-bit) and can do Aero as well. And it's free.

Also, exactly what is the issue that you are experiencing with Windows 7 not working? What is the program telling you that makes you believe Windows 7 isn't working? Looking at the web page, I agree with what you stated in that this program is supposed to work with Windows 7, but you haven't really given any specific information as to what the issue you are experiencing is.