Question Why I can't access certain websites?

LegendK

Commendable
Apr 17, 2020
I can't access certain website like wikipedia, imdb or ESPN, but others like youtube are working fine. Those site are not down as I already checked if they're are up or not in social media and websites that check if something is down. I already restarted the modem and PC, flush the DNS, but the issue still the same. Could it be a virus or hack?

LegendK

Commendable
Apr 17, 2020
Try changing your DNS provider.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-your-pcs-dns-settings-windows-10

Could be a problem with your ISP DNS server. Switch to google, or if using google, find out your provider's DNS IP. Or try one of the ones listed at Windows Central.
Already did and didn't fix it

Is this at a place where you have full access to the networking gear or at a school/business where you don't have access?
Can you manually change the DNS settings and check the hosts file (do you have admin access on the computer)?
Home, full access.
Changed the DNS setting and checked host file, didn't work

Did this just start happening? If so, call your isp and see if they're having issues.
I called the ISP and they told me to reset my modem (as always), they reseted the signal by themselves too (or that's what they said) and it worked, but then the problem continues, probably is something from the ISP itself that they don't even know what it is, not a good ISP apparently