Question Why I can't see my hard disk in UEFI.boot or insert boot media device and press a key

Jul 13, 2019
Some days ago my pc broke showing this message continuously "boot or insert boot media device and press a key". If i press a key the message just repeats itself. I looked up on the internet and saw that I must change the booting order or reinstall the operating system. I tried to, but when I opened the Bios with F2 or Del, It opened the UEFI and there was no hard disk to select, just the DVD writer. I want to reinstall the windows, but I can't select or even see my hard disk driver in UEFI BIOS.
I verified the Hard Disk and it is ok. What can I do?

Short version:

• "boot or insert boot media device and press a key" message appears when i open my pc
  • I can't see my hard disk in UEFI BIOS just the DVD writer
  • I verified the Hard Disk and it is not broken.

Sorry for my English and thanks in advance to anyone that spares time to help.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
How old is the storage drive?
If this is a PC and storage drive that has been working normally for some time, then suddenly stopped being detected, likelihood is the drive, the motherboard SATA port, or the SATA cable is now dead

Best way to tell would be to try a different SATA cable in a different port, then try the storage drive in another PC, if no luck, the drive is probably dead.

Jul 13, 2019
How old is the storage drive?
If this is a PC and storage drive that has been working normally for some time, then suddenly stopped being detected, likelihood is the drive, the motherboard SATA port, or the SATA cable is now dead

Best way to tell would be to try a different SATA cable in a different port, then try the storage drive in another PC, if no luck, the drive is probably dead.
The storage drive is approximately 3 year's old. But I did not though that the SATA cable might be the problem. I will try to change it, to see if this does the job.
Thank you for the advice!