[SOLVED] Why i have very low FPS?

mma.elgohary

Prominent
Oct 9, 2018
I got the RTX 2060 SUPER SC ULTRA 8GB but i have very low fps like 35fps in Breakpoint with all setting max on 1920*1080

My specs is :

Processor I5-5800K
MOBO: Z370 PRO4
RAM: 16GB KINGSTON
Monitor : LG SMART TV FHD 49 INCH , REFRESH RATE 60HZ , SO WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?

Solution
Thanks for your reply , as for the ram , i had a problem from the beginning that the 2 sticks did not work as a dual channel(2 sticks identical in every thing) & i do not know why . But i do not try 1 stick only

My old vga is GTX 1060 6GB & WORKED FINE WITH ALL GAMES .
Also i removed the old driver with DDU.

I do not use the onboard GPU
My PSU is cooler master 700watt
i had several HDD & SSD BUT THE SYSTEM IS ON SSD

I can share with you what i think about, my monitor is LG smart TV 49 inch FHD WITH REFRESH RATE 60HZ,
CAN THIS MONITOR CAUSE A BOTTLENECK

I would try 1 stick of RAM at a time and let us know how it runs. Either way, I would strongly advise you to buy a dual matching kit so you run in Dual Channel and forget...

mma.elgohary

Prominent
Oct 9, 2018
Please verify your CPU. Your Z370 PRO4 is an Intel mobo, but there is no i5 5800k listing on the mobo's support page. Did you mean the i5 8500? Is your RAM 1 or 2 sticks? Whats the speed of the RAM? Running in Dual channel? What Windows do you have?

Need more info please.
Sorry , i mean I5 8600K

RAM is 2 sticks but now i do not remember the speed because now i am away of my PC
for rams unfortunately it works as single channel .

I have windows 10 ver1903

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Sorry , i mean I5 8600K

RAM is 2 sticks but now i do not remember the speed because now i am away of my PC
for rams unfortunately it works as single channel .

I have windows 10 ver1903

Thanks for clarifying. Your 8600k is a good CPU, but your RAM is causing concerns. It's never a good idea to mix n' match RAM, even if you have 2 8GB sticks installed. It would help with knowing their speeds/make/model. Does your PC show 16GB is installed? Hows the system run with just 1 stick installed at a time? At 1080p, that 2060 Super should have zero problems with all setting maxed out. What PSU do you have? SSD or HDD? How are your temps? You are not using the onboard GPU thats part of your 8600K are you? You have it disabled in CMOS? What GPU did you have before the 2060? Did you use DDU to remove the old GPU drivers?

Once you get home, please post more info on your PC.

mma.elgohary

Prominent
Oct 9, 2018
Thanks for clarifying. Your 8600k is a good CPU, but your RAM is causing concerns. It's never a good idea to mix n' match RAM, even if you have 2 8GB sticks installed. It would help with knowing their speeds/make/model. Does your PC show 16GB is installed? Hows the system run with just 1 stick installed at a time? At 1080p, that 2060 Super should have zero problems with all setting maxed out. What PSU do you have? SSD or HDD? How are your temps? You are not using the onboard GPU thats part of your 8600K are you? You have it disabled in CMOS? What GPU did you have before the 2060? Did you use DDU to remove the old GPU drivers?

Thanks for your reply , as for the ram , i had a problem from the beginning that the 2 sticks did not work as a dual channel(2 sticks identical in every thing) & i do not know why . But i do not try 1 stick only

I can share with you what i think about, my monitor is LG smart TV 49 inch FHD WITH REFRESH RATE 60HZ,

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED

I would try 1 stick of RAM at a time and let us know how it runs. Either way, I would strongly advise you to buy a dual matching kit so you run in Dual Channel and forget about the RAM you have now. The 1060 is a great (older) card. (I have one in my primary system) Glad to hear you used DDU. If the Cooler Master PSU you have installed is a decent model, then that's plenty to power your system. How old is the Windows install? Was it a clean install or did you copy it over from another HDD/SSD?

As for using the TV as a monitor, no to bottlenecking. It'll only look as good as the TV allows so depending on it's resolution and abilities, you may have all of the settings on your PC maxed, but the game/movies or what have you will only look as good as the TV will allow.

All other drivers up to date? How much space free do you have on the SSD/HDD that has the games on it. No Overclocked CPU or anything?

Try the RAM or just buy new RAM, the fastest your mobo will support and let us know how it goes. Do you have the 2060 in the PCIE slot closest to the CPU?

Solution

larkspur

Distinguished
You definitely want your RAM to run in dual-channel mode. If you install the RAM sticks in the wrong slots they won't run in dual channel mode. Make sure you follow the instructions in your motherboard manual when installing RAM. In the English version of your motherboard manual page 16 (section 2.3) has a diagram for how to install two sticks in dual channel. You need to install one stick in slot DDR4_A2 and the other stick in slot DDR4_B2. If you don't have the sticks in those slots then it won't work in dual channel. Check to make sure you have your RAM in the correct slots.

Reactions: Mrgr74

mma.elgohary

Prominent
Oct 9, 2018
I tried to use one stick 8gb with game CONTROL at very low but give only 60fps
SO I think we can remove the ram doubt
The question is why not exceed 60fps
I did a full PC benchmark online &gave high score as other pcs with similar specs

I really confused but again what about the monitor refresh rate

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Sounds like you have vsync turned on. Read about vsync here: https://www.maketecheasier.com/what-is-vsync/

This is true if his fps are locked at 60, but his initial concern was only getting 35fps on max and so vsync wouldn't apply.

I don't see a need to test anything with one stick.

To make sure there isn't an issue with one of his 2 sticks since they are mixed. Also will ensure they are in the correct slots as well, not to mention seated correctly.

I tried to use one stick 8gb with game CONTROL at very low but give only 60fps
SO I think we can remove the ram doubt
The question is why not exceed 60fps
I did a full PC benchmark online &gave high score as other pcs with similar specs

I really confused but again what about the monitor refresh rate

You have 60fps @ very low now. How does the other game look? Breakpoint, that was the one you were initially having issues with. How does Control look on MAX? Getting only 35fps on that game as well? You tested both sticks? Lets stick with trying to get your FPS on max before switching games.

Also as @larkspur stated, your TV/monitor can go higher than 60fps if you have vsync off. I don't have Breakpoint or Control to check, but just about every single game has an option to enable/disable vsync in the options menu. Turn it off to have higher than the 60hz your TV has. This won't hurt your TV at all, but you "may" see your graphics "Screen Tear" vcync locks your FPS to the TV's 60hz, thus maxing you at 60fps. If a monitor has 120hz, with vsync on, it'll lock his FPS a 120.

larkspur

Distinguished
Thanks for your reply , as for the ram , i had a problem from the beginning that the 2 sticks did not work as a dual channel(2 sticks identical in every thing) & i do not know why .
He stated they are identical sticks. It's certainly true that it is best to buy a matched pair (and maybe he did) but most of the time Intel systems aren't picky about RAM as long as the density, speed and timings are the same. It's more likely that he's got them in the wrong slots since the proper slot configuration is counter intuitive. And he asked why Control wouldn't exceed 60fps - almost certainly vsync on or possibly the game simply has a frame cap. This was a separate observation from the 35fps he was getting in Breakpoint.

larkspur

Distinguished
Well it would help if you could confirm that your RAM is now running in dual-channel mode. You can run a program like CPU-z to find out.

Make sure that Nvidia DSR (Dynamic Super Resolution) is turned off in the Nvidia settings.

Below I linked an article exploring the performance of Breakpoint. You'll see that their 1080p testing uses the "High" graphics preset. First make sure your RAM is running in dual-channel and DSR is off. Then try setting the graphics in Breakpoint to the "High" preset and 1080p resolution and rerun the benchmark. You should get somewhere around 100fps avg like they did in the article though you'll probably get a little less because your CPU is not quite as powerful as the one they used.

Here's the article: https://wccftech.com/tom-clancys-ghost-recon-breakpoint-pc-performance-explored/

mma.elgohary

Prominent
Oct 9, 2018
Well it would help if you could confirm that your RAM is now running in dual-channel mode. You can run a program like CPU-z to find out.

Make sure that Nvidia DSR (Dynamic Super Resolution) is turned off in the Nvidia settings.

Below I linked an article exploring the performance of Breakpoint. You'll see that their 1080p testing uses the "High" graphics preset. First make sure your RAM is running in dual-channel and DSR is off. Then try setting the graphics in Breakpoint to the "High" preset and 1080p resolution and rerun the benchmark. You should get somewhere around 100fps avg like they did in the article though you'll probably get a little less because your CPU is not quite as powerful as the one they used.

Here's the article: https://wccftech.com/tom-clancys-ghost-recon-breakpoint-pc-performance-explored/

file:///C:/Users/mmael/OneDrive/Documents/My%20Games/Ghost%20Recon%20Breakpoint/Benchmark/Report_2019_10_24_22_05_46.html

After i did all what you mention i got 55fps average with 80 fps max