Why I support nintendo

Lets face it, pretty much every console that has come out has been
technologically superior to the one before it (if only by a little bit
sometimes) playstation 2 is not an technically great console - it just
has great games.

The one area that nintendo beats everybody hands down is innovation,
they are almost single handedly responsible for every single innovation
in gaming console history, whether it's the rumble pack, analogue stick,
touch screen or (ahem!) virtual boy they always push the boundries.

To all you PS2, XBOX owners etc. who love to bash Nintendo - think what
the market would be like without somebody to take risks and push new
ideas forward. The gaming world would be a lot worse off without N.

Dom.

dman

"manfatto" <man@ndirect.co.uk> wrote in message
> Lets face it, pretty much every console that has come out has been
> technologically superior to the one before it (if only by a little bit
> sometimes) playstation 2 is not an technically great console - it just has
> great games.
>
> The one area that nintendo beats everybody hands down is innovation, they
> are almost single handedly responsible for every single innovation
> in gaming console history, whether it's the rumble pack, analogue stick,
> touch screen or (ahem!) virtual boy they always push the boundries.
>
> To all you PS2, XBOX owners etc. who love to bash Nintendo - think what
> the market would be like without somebody to take risks and push new ideas
> forward. The gaming world would be a lot worse off without N.
>
> Dom.

All of what you say is true, its just a shame they cant be as innovative
with thier games. All they seem to do is churn out endless sequels, Mario
Party, Starfox, Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, F Zero, ok so they get better on
each console but we've seen them all so many many times before, its time
they started coming out with ground braking games instead of more of the
same as innovation in hardware wont win them any new fans. Look at Sony,
they havent come out with anything very new in anything they have released
into the gaming community but they are leading by so much in the industry.
Nintendo may have the products they just dont market them correctly, over
here in Europe at least, Ive not seen gamecube advert for months.

You are of course right. I think that Nintendo pissed so many developers
off in the eighties, early ninties with their arrogance that it came
back to bite them. There have been some innovations in gameplay (if
that's possible at all). Wario springs to mind and the update of Metroid
whilst based around an FPS was really much more than that - I wouldn't
have thought it possible to get the same feel as the Snes versions until
I played it. Pikmin is quite original as is super monkey ball but the
lack of a new innovative Mario and a glut of sequels is worrying. If the
next zelda game is based around the same tired formula I'm going to cry.

Dom.

Dman wrote:

> "manfatto" <man@ndirect.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>>Lets face it, pretty much every console that has come out has been
>>technologically superior to the one before it (if only by a little bit
>>sometimes) playstation 2 is not an technically great console - it just has
>>great games.
>>
>>The one area that nintendo beats everybody hands down is innovation, they
>>are almost single handedly responsible for every single innovation
>>in gaming console history, whether it's the rumble pack, analogue stick,
>>touch screen or (ahem!) virtual boy they always push the boundries.
>>
>>To all you PS2, XBOX owners etc. who love to bash Nintendo - think what
>>the market would be like without somebody to take risks and push new ideas
>>forward. The gaming world would be a lot worse off without N.
>>
>>Dom.
>

> All of what you say is true, its just a shame they cant be as innovative
> with thier games. All they seem to do is churn out endless sequels, Mario
> Party, Starfox, Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, F Zero, ok so they get better on
> each console but we've seen them all so many many times before, its time
> they started coming out with ground braking games instead of more of the
> same as innovation in hardware wont win them any new fans. Look at Sony,
> they havent come out with anything very new in anything they have released
> into the gaming community but they are leading by so much in the industry.
> Nintendo may have the products they just dont market them correctly, over
> here in Europe at least, Ive not seen gamecube advert for months.

"manfatto" <man@ndirect.co.uk> wrote in message
<snip>
> If the next zelda game is based around the same tired formula I'm going to
> cry.

Start crying. if you've seen the screens as i have it looks like an updated
OoT. Doesn't mean it won't sell though, i'm getting a copy when it's out.

"Ratz2010" <nospam@all.com> wrote in message news:7lABd.202806$Np3.8490197@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca...

> "manfatto" <man@ndirect.co.uk> wrote in message
> <snip>
> > If the next zelda game is based around the same tired formula I'm going to
> > cry.
> >

> Start crying. if you've seen the screens as i have it looks like an updated
> OoT. Doesn't mean it won't sell though, i'm getting a copy when it's out.

Ditto. I'm sure the puzzles will still make you think. I just hope it's longer
than Wind Waker.

"Dman" <dman@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> All of what you say is true, its just a shame they cant be as innovative
> with thier games.

Pikmin, Lugi's, etc?

VideoGamerByHeart

Reputable
Oct 26, 2014
Nintendo is a good company. I just have an issue with the way they marketed the 3DS. They said "No 3D glasses" and that's cool, plus the 3D slider, but I wear prescription glasses due to being nearsighted and I once (stupidly, may I add) played the 3DS in 3D with my glasses on. My eyes burned some time after that, and so I found out that they actually meant NO GLASSES WHATSOEVER. I will NOT spend money on the 3DS because I'm not gonna keep taking my glasses on and off to play in 3D, and what's the point of getting one if you can't play in 3D? Long story short, I got a 2DS. I'm cool with that. :)

BuildingPCs

Reputable
Keep calm!

It's hard for all of the companies that there is a battle between their consoles. Sometimes it's good for promotion, but I think it seems to be clear that every console is targeting another "group of gamers".
The PlayStation is a good console for gaming, for everyone who needs high Performance and everyone who is a "hardcore gamer" ;).
The Xbox is a very good entertainment system with high performance, the best media features and very good "blockbuster games".
Consoles from Nintendo are more "family targeting". They want fun and being together when playing video games. Nintendo invented a lot of ideas and technologies to create better video game experiences, but every console has other advantages.
There is no "best" console.

VideoGamerByHeart

Reputable
Oct 26, 2014
I agree. Nintendo isn't meant for things the PlayStation is, and vice versa with Xbox in the mix. I am a huge Nintendo fangirl, but there are different genres of gaming, like there are books. :)