Why i'm getting fps drops !!??

May 23, 2018
hello guys please can you help me i'm getting some fps drops i tried everything nothing worked still getting fps drops also i had this fps drops before i upgrade my gpu from gt 210 to gtx 650 i tought its only a bottleneck or something, anyway
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) X4 9850 Black Edition Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 4GB RAM
Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 650
i have 2 hdd one 200gb and one 120gb
PSU: 365 wat
and i noticed that the max temp of my gpu is 43 and some of my friends told me that my cpu is overheating , its temp always +77 max 81

Not sure what vintage/era/age of games you are attempting to play, but, a 10 year old processor running a relatively minimal amount of RAM using a relatively low end and old GPU, all with potentially marginal cooling of CPU that you identified *and* a potentially weak PSU all combined do not exactly inspire confidence in constant high frame rates in many games newer than 6-8 years (estimated):(

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Yeah fps drops are not surprising, your system is ancient. Your CPU and GPU are massively below the minimum for Fortnite, they just barely hit the minimum for CSGO. TF2 should work ok though, but not with ancient hard drives like you have that are probably starting to fail, making in game loading grind.

Its time for a new system.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
That can it work site says it will work, doesn't say it will work well.

As I said for Fortnite it is massively below the minimum specs.

You are getting low GPU usage because your CPU can't keep up with the game. You have low CPU usage because those games are single threaded and the CPU is only using 1 core and the core is not powerful enough to play the game well. If you monitor specific core usage you will see 1 or 2 cores maxed out, i am sure of it.

The solution is there is no solution, you need new equipment.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Your CPU cooler lis likely filled with dust, and at that age its possible the thermal paste has dried out a bit. Cleaning it up and replacing the thermal paste will bring temps down, you may even get some better performance in TF2 and CSGO. Its worth doing if you can't afford an upgrade right now.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Again weak processor that is running hot. Its not fully working because the processor is slow and probably throttling due to heat.

Clean up the cooler, put new thermal paste on, and hope for the best. CSGO and TF2 should run OK. Fortnite will not.

May 23, 2018
so your telling me that i will not get more fps drops like csgo and tf2 if i clean n change the thermal paste ? so the probleme is my cpu is overheating ? i hope u say yes :D sorry for repeating i'm a little bit bad at english

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

I think it is POSSIBLE if you clean your cooler and change the thermal paste you may improve performance in those games. However I'm not sure how far off your system is from throttling (its not crashing) so the improvement may not be huge. But totally worth the time and effort. Also clean the dust from the rest of your case and fans. use compressed air. Please let me know what happens.