Why is coulour green rare in components?

GreenHazard

Reputable
Jun 7, 2014
Hi! I would like to know why green colour is so rare in pc components. I would like to build a Gaming PC (but that thing is a year ahead of this day), but my favorite colour is green so I would like to have as much of green in my PC. For example. In GPU's and Motherboards. I know that there are a few components that have green in them. Like Gigabytes some Motherboards and Corsairs Vengeance RAM. It would be nice to know if someone could tell why green is so rare colour in components. Mostly in GPU's. Thanks.

Flying-Q

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
Green was the colour of standard circuit boards so the aesthetics guru's and marketing types have tended to steer away from it to make their products stand out from the crowd. Also, it is slightly harder to produce a pleasing green by anodising aluminium (for motherboard heatsinks etc) than for other colours so that is another reason to manufacture blues and reds and blacks. Finally, the psychological perception that 'red cars go faster than blue cars' remains prevalent in marketing. We consumers get what the marketing guys THINK we want rather than what we want.

Millions of dollars in market research and psychology has shown that some colors are associated with fierceness, speed, strength, speed, and durability (gold, red, black, orange, and violet (purple) for instance). Other colors (green and blue, for instance) are more peaceful and gentle. So companies choose their logos and colors on those colors that appeal to the majority of their buying public.

It's not to say you can't find the rarer colors, you just have to look harder/longer.

But there aren't many pastel-colored PC gaming cases (or any cases for that matter) available.