Jan 11, 2021
I just finished my first PC build. Ryzen 3700x and Asus B550-F wifi Motherboard. Everything seems to be running smoothly, no major issues. The only thing I cannot figure out is when I start it up, the CPU shows max clocks at 4400Mhz. It does not reach max clocks normally. But I am not sure why it starts there. I've messed with a few things in the Bios but it does not seem to change it. I can put it back to 3600Mhz with Ryzen master, but I would like to just not have to worry about it becoming unstable or anything of the sort. I also do not have AI Suite installed. Any ideas?

Solution
That's the CPU's built in automatic overclocking which AMD calls the Boost Clock and is similar to Intel's TurboBoost technology.
It's completely normal.
I just finished my first PC build. Ryzen 3700x and Asus B550-F wifi Motherboard. Everything seems to be running smoothly, no major issues. The only thing I cannot figure out is when I start it up, the CPU shows max clocks at 4400Mhz. It does not reach max clocks normally. But I am not sure why it starts there. I've messed with a few things in the Bios but it does not seem to change it. I can put it back to 3600Mhz with Ryzen master, but I would like to just not have to worry about it becoming unstable or anything of the sort. I also do not have AI Suite installed. Any ideas?
Just responding to high demand from OS while it's starting, quite normal.
PS.
That's not overclocking but normal boost speed when required and even that is just on one core.

TRENDING THREADS