[SOLVED] Why is every internet browser taking 12 seconds to load on my system?

WaywardSun

Honorable
Mar 22, 2016
For a few months now, every time I load up my internet browser - ANY internet browser, including Edge, Opera, Chrome, Firefox, etc. - it takes 12 seconds (give or take) for the window to open. This is driving me crazy. 12 seconds is a long time when you're accustomed to an instant response.

See below for observations, attempted fixes, and system specs.

Notes about the problem:
  • The browser runs at the usual speed when it finally opens. It's not sluggish at all.
  • The rest of the system runs normally too.
  • I'm using Webroot as my antivirus.
  • I clean up system files with CCleaner and Windows' onboard system files tool regularly.
  • I reboot regularly.
  • The browser does not appear to be taking up an excessive amount of active CPU when loaded.
  • This started months ago.
  • Windows / GPU drivers all fully updated.
  • My old internet was a wired connection with 100 down/up. My current connection is wireless with 300 down/up and a different provider. The speed of the internet (and provider) did not affect the issue at all.

Attempted Fixes:
  • As I've noted, changing browsers has no effect. Same load time.
  • Disabling all Firefox plugins had no effect.
  • Reinstalling Firefox cleanly had no effect.
  • Cleaning the Firefox cache had no effect.
  • Disabling my antivirus' (Webroot) web shield had no effect.

System Specs:

CPU: i7 8700K oc'd to 4.2
MOBO: ASUS Z390-H Gaming
RAM: 2x 16 GB DDR4 (G.Skill Trident)
GPU: EVGA RTX 2080
HD: Samsung 970 EVO

I suspect the issue here is some kind of lengthy procedure that takes place any time my computer detects a command to load a browser. Unfortunately, I'm also out of ideas and pretty frustrated with this. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Solution
Stop Nahimic Service and then Disable it. You will immediately see that your browsers start instantly.

Nahimic Service comes with Realtec Audio, I don't know what it exactly does, I disabled it for months but disabling it so far did not cause any problems.

PS: It's enabled after your Realtec Software is upgraged. So after an upgrade you may need to disable the service again.

(1) Nahimic Service - It caused a lot of problems with win 10. After disabling it, my system works a lot better. It caused about a 10-20 second delay for Chrome to open. What's the deal with this service? ROG Crosshair VIII Hero with wifi | Ryzen 9 3900x : ASUS (reddit.com)

There are more articles, if you google.

falcon291

Honorable
Jul 17, 2019
Stop Nahimic Service and then Disable it. You will immediately see that your browsers start instantly.

Nahimic Service comes with Realtec Audio, I don't know what it exactly does, I disabled it for months but disabling it so far did not cause any problems.

PS: It's enabled after your Realtec Software is upgraged. So after an upgrade you may need to disable the service again.

(1) Nahimic Service - It caused a lot of problems with win 10. After disabling it, my system works a lot better. It caused about a 10-20 second delay for Chrome to open. What's the deal with this service? ROG Crosshair VIII Hero with wifi | Ryzen 9 3900x : ASUS (reddit.com)

Solution

WaywardSun

Honorable
Mar 22, 2016

This sounds promising. Let you know my results.

WaywardSun

Honorable
Mar 22, 2016

Update. Not a perfect solution, but it definitely dropped my response time from 12-ish seconds to 2-ish. I've marked you as the solution. Thanks again, this has been driving me absolutely crazy.

Reactions: falcon291

falcon291

Honorable
Jul 17, 2019
Update. Not a perfect solution, but it definitely dropped my response time from 12-ish seconds to 2-ish. I've marked you as the solution. Thanks again, this has been driving me absolutely crazy.
Of course not a perfect solution, the real solution has to come from Realtec, Here we are just stopping a service that we don't know its purpose, and the owner of the service is not correcting it for years even after at least 2 updates.