Question Why is FPS fluctuating after switching from HDMI to DP ?

Jan 22, 2021
Hi all,

I just joined this forum in desperate need for help. I bought my PC from Ibuypower a little over 2 years ago. I called them and the tech support was zero help at all and my warranty has run out. After switching from HDMI to a Display Port my FPS fluctuates from the 130s down below 40 and back up again. The FPS never actually hits 144. This problem occurs when playing Halo MCC and Doom Eternal. This cycle continues over and over. I have tried lowering the graphics, several programming methods I found online within Nvidia's and Geforce's settings, Ive monitored the CPU/GPU temperature using HWMonitor and the temperate never goes above 70c while playing a game. I am at a loss. I never had any fluctuations with my FPS when I was using HDMI, but with HDMI I could only go to 60fps. I didnt know until recently that my monitor only hits 144 FPS using Display port . My monitor is about 6 years old and in seemingly good condition. If someone could help me solve this issue I would be eternally grateful.

My specs are:
(Cooling fans no liquid cooling)
Windows 10
GPU: RTX2080
CPU: i7 8700k
RAM: Corsair 8gb DDR4
Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO -- Gb LAN, USB 3.1 (4 Rear, 4 Front), MSI PRO Series
Power Supply: 850 watt standard 80 gold plus
Monitor: ASUS VG248

Again, if someone could help me figure this out and at least tell me what my problem is I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS