Question Why is good PC running bad?

joshuadouglasmiller

Commendable
Nov 20, 2017
My gaming PC is running bad. I updated the BIOs and checked the memory but nothing is working. I get only around 90 fps in csgo but then it drops to under 60 often ( I use shrouds settings vid below). My CPU doesnt get too hot (max was 85 for a second while playing usualy its at 75) and I have update my graphics card. It might be that windows anti malware service is running in the background. I fully reset windows awhile ago and it was fixed for a couple days but the problem came back. Reset my pc again and it happened right away. Maybe its my HDD? Maybe something I download like Logitech GHUB? And I have disabled all startup non window processes except GHUB (cuz thats for my mouse)

PC Specs:
Asus x370 prime MB
500 watt PS
Ryzen 5 1600x
MSI 1070 TI
8 GB RAM (which windows says 7.95 is usable)
WD Blue 1TB HDD

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDlzXMkSbWM

Nov 3, 2019
yes same case here games fps dropped from 90-145 fps to 30-45 and temps go to 90c and shut down like wtf how all of a sudden people suggest me to check thermal paste but its only been a year i bought the laptop and i think its some kind of settings or software issue,

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
My gaming PC is running bad. I updated the BIOs and checked the memory but nothing is working. I get only around 90 fps in csgo but then it drops to under 60 often ( I use shrouds settings vid below). My CPU doesnt get too hot (max was 85 for a second while playing usualy its at 75) and I have update my graphics card. It might be that windows anti malware service is running in the background. I fully reset windows awhile ago and it was fixed for a couple days but the problem came back. Reset my pc again and it happened right away. Maybe its my HDD? Maybe something I download like Logitech GHUB? And I have disabled all startup non window processes except GHUB (cuz thats for my mouse)

PC Specs:
Asus x370 prime MB
500 watt PS
Ryzen 5 1600x
MSI 1070 TI
8 GB RAM (which windows says 7.95 is usable)
WD Blue 1TB HDD

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDlzXMkSbWM
What kind of PC tower do you have? Since we're talking heat management, the design of the casing you have your PC in matters as much as anything else.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS