Question Why is it not showing gigabit connection?

Dec 1, 2022
Hi all

I have a motherboard (H61 as rock) and it supports speeds up to 1000. However, it did not work on it, only 100 (Mbps). I bought a Cat 7 Ethernet cable, but the same problem. I brought a USB 10-100-1000 and the same problem.
I checked the router and connected it to another device and it was working normally
And I made sure that the Ethernet settings only give a limit of 100 Mbps
The gigabit option does not appear
I updated Windows and updated Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller drivers and had the same problem

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I have a motherboard (H61 as rock)
ASRock have a number of H61 chipset motherboard's in their portfolio. Which one do you own? As for the motherboard, can you check and see what your current BIOS version is at this moment of time? As for your platform, what OS are you working with?

I bought a Cat 7 Ethernet cable, but the same problem.
Cat5 should be more than enough, you're spending money on things that are pointless.

You want to leave the setting on the nic on auto....I assume you don't mean you set it to 100mbps but even if you try to set it to 1000mbps the router is still on auto and can get confused and drop to 100mbps.

Do you have a link to the cat7 cable you purchased. A massive amount of ethernet cable being sold is fake. You need only cat5e but it must be pure copper wire and have wire size 22-24 (no flat or thin cables). If you search for cables on say amazon the majority of it is that fake flat cable.

Dec 1, 2022
You want to leave the setting on the nic on auto....I assume you don't mean you set it to 100mbps but even if you try to set it to 1000mbps the router is still on auto and can get confused and drop to 100mbps.

Do you have a link to the cat7 cable you purchased. A massive amount of ethernet cable being sold is fake. You need only cat5e but it must be pure copper wire and have wire size 22-24 (no flat or thin cables). If you search for cables on say amazon the majority of it is that fake flat cable.
I have tried these cables on other devices and they were working effectively, only my device does not work, I do not know why

Dec 1, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I have a motherboard (H61 as rock)
ASRock have a number of H61 chipset motherboard's in their portfolio. Which one do you own? As for the motherboard, can you check and see what your current BIOS version is at this moment of time? As for your platform, what OS are you working with?

I bought a Cat 7 Ethernet cable, but the same problem.
Cat5 should be more than enough, you're spending money on things that are pointless.
Even if the problem was with the motherboard, it should have been working on usb

Dec 3, 2022
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller

FE (Fast Ethernet) stands for 100 Mbps.

What is your motherboard model?
Fast Ethernet supports up to 100 Mbps but you stated that your motherboard supports 1000 Mbps.
You are probably installing the wrong driver or your motherboard supports up to 100 Mbps only.