Why is it so hard to do business with Dell

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

And that was how to swear? >g<

"Linebacker" <linebacker@nolinxmail.org> wrote in message
> In article <WufTd.9485$aZ1.6518@fe12.lga>, nemo@moon.sun.edu says...
>>

>>Linebacker wrote:
>>
>>> In article <7b9Td.22407$%%1.12504@fe06.lga>, girlsrule@hotmail.com
>>> says...

>>> No you're and effing moron
>>
>>English a 2nd language for you, dude?
>
> Actually it is since I learned another language before english you
> "effing"
> moron

Most of us, very obviously, understand Dell's on line ordering page
better than you. You're the one having all the problems.

We ordered three computers using that same page and had no problem getting
the orders processed promptly. Nor did we have any problems getting them
billed to our bank cards.

> In article <45eTd.236$bF7.211@fe02.lga>, girlsrule@hotmail.com says...
>>

>>Not to mention numerous others.
>>
>>This self appointed expert on managing money doesn't even have the
>>basics
>>regarding credit and debit cards, what their limits are and how to
>>properly
>>use them.
>>
>>"Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Linebacker" <linebacker@nolinxmail.org> wrote in message

>>> You should quote better. Irene said she had a card with no limit, I
>>> didn't.
>>>
>>> Can't grasp the whole 'using a computer' thing, huh.
>>>
>>> Of course, she's right, as I too have a card with no limit.
>>>
>>> Ever heard of American Express?
>>>
>>> I could buy your mythical house with mine.
>>>
>>> Tom
>>>

> any you twit can not understand the basics of Dell's onlineordering system
> and
> why do they repeatedly submit amounts for authorization after htey already
> have
> such authorization

More what? Foul language and swear words? >g<

The way you describe how you manage it, it sure can't be money.

"Linebacker" <linebacker@nolinuxmail.org> wrote in message

> BWAHAHA you have a limit! It's just higher then mine. Giddy-uP!

Try this URL and this card, IF you have the credit for it and can afford the
annual fee.

http://www66.americanexpress.com/cards/Fmacfservlet?csi=17/22/b/3/0550491612/055182219739/22/n&from=7

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 22:00:57 GMT, Lineacker <linbacker@linxmail.org>
wrote:

>Don't use credit cards yet have over 635K in the bank, a new $500K home paid
>cash for and

Great big hairy deal!

>I have a 1500 limit at my instruction when I opened the account.

So, don't try to buy anything costing more than that, dummy.

>No credit problems ever, have excellent credit Nuff said!

More than enough.

--
Top 10 Conservative Idiots:

Irene wrote:

> Looks like I have to find out why my OE is double posting--AGAIN. I just
> finished installing SP2. I hope that wasn't it.

Just an FYI... I'm not seeing any double-posts from you.

Notan

It was my ISP's news server.
It was displaying double posts even though my "Sent" file was displaying
only one.
I think they may have it fixed now.

Thanks

> Irene wrote:
>>
>> Looks like I have to find out why my OE is double posting--AGAIN. I just
>> finished installing SP2. I hope that wasn't it.
>
> Just an FYI... I'm not seeing any double-posts from you.
>
> Notan

"Linebacker" <linebacker@nolinxmail.org> wrote in message
> In article <FlfTd.9480$yR1.6242@fe12.lga>, nemo@moon.sun.edu says...
>>

>>Lineacker wrote:
>>
>><snip>
>>
>>> Don't use credit cards yet have over 635K in the bank, a new $500K home
>>> paid
>>> cash for and I have a 1500 limit at my instruction when I opened the
> account.
>>> No credit problems ever, have excellent credit Nuff said!
>>
>>That's not such a big deal, e.g., I have 4 credit cards and have over
>>$1,270K in the bank & a $1M home owned free & clear.
>>
>>IOW, it's not the CCs that make the difference.
>

> but I still have more.........

you have more or daddy has more?

"Paul Knudsen" <bigkahuna@jupada.com> wrote in message

> So, don't try to buy anything costing more than that, dummy

Exactly!

"Paul Knudsen" <bigkahuna@jupada.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 22:00:57 GMT, Lineacker <linbacker@linxmail.org>
> wrote:
>
>>Don't use credit cards yet have over 635K in the bank, a new $500K home
>>paid
>>cash for and
>
> Great big hairy deal!
>
>>I have a 1500 limit at my instruction when I opened the account.
>
> So, don't try to buy anything costing more than that, dummy.
>
>>No credit problems ever, have excellent credit Nuff said!
>
> More than enough.
>
> --
> Top 10 Conservative Idiots:
> http://www.democraticunderground.com/top10/

I think more of Daddy's money

"Irene" <girlsrule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> More what? Foul language and swear words? >g<
>
> The way you describe how you manage it, it sure can't be money.
>
> "Linebacker" <linebacker@nolinxmail.org> wrote in message
>> In article <FlfTd.9480$yR1.6242@fe12.lga>, nemo@moon.sun.edu says...
>>>

>>>Lineacker wrote:
>>>
>>><snip>

>> account.
>>>
>>>That's not such a big deal, e.g., I have 4 credit cards and have over
>>>$1,270K in the bank & a $1M home owned free & clear.
>>>
>>>IOW, it's not the CCs that make the difference.
>>

>> but I still have more.........

sparky

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003

Irene wrote:
> "Linebacker" <linebacker@nolinuxmail.org> wrote in message
>
>>BWAHAHA you have a limit! It's just higher then mine. Giddy-uP!
>
> Try this URL and this card, IF you have the credit for it and can afford the
> annual fee.
>
> http://www66.americanexpress.com/cards/Fmacfservlet?csi=17/22/b/3/0550491612/055182219739/22/n&from=7

This just shows you that Amex is worse than Dell! When they say "No
pre-set spending limit" what they really mean is $1,500/day, the low
life twits!!!

"Sparky" exhausted and by mistake typed the following
keys:
> You a Janis Joplin fan?
>
> English not your first language?

Noup, spanish is ... I am Cuban :) was
it too noticeable?

sparky

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003

Giovanni Azua wrote:

> "Sparky" exhausted and by mistake typed the following
> keys:
>
>>You a Janis Joplin fan?
>>
>>English not your first language?
>
> Noup, spanish is ... I am Cuban :) was it too noticeable?

Yes, but that dosn't mean anythng (it was an observation, not a flame).

"Piece of geek" isn't something a native speaker would say, and Janis
Joplin recorded a song called "Piece of My Heart".

Where did you find anything about a $1500/day spending limit?
I guess my eyes are giving me trouble again, I can't find it.

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 07:37:21 -0500, Sparky <nemo@moon.sun.edu> wrote:

>Irene wrote:

>> Try this URL and this card, IF you have the credit for it and can afford the
>> annual fee.
>>
>> http://www66.americanexpress.com/cards/Fmacfservlet?csi=17/22/b/3/0550491612/055182219739/22/n&from=7
>
>This just shows you that Amex is worse than Dell! When they say "No
>pre-set spending limit" what they really mean is $1,500/day, the low
>life twits!!!

I once bought a computer with an American Express card. I sinply
called them first and got an ok. Admittedly this was several years
ago and their policies might have changed.
--
Top 10 Conservative Idiots:

>I don't see any problem in expressing my
> opinion with the only will of helping others not
> to be through the same torture of a DELL
> no-service ... are you Taliban or what?

Thanks to this thread, I decided to check up on my particular credit
cards. I have AMEX and Mastercard. What I found out was I have no
daily limit. I can charge up to the maximum allowed on my cards in one
day if I desire. HOWEVER, there is a catch and I think it is what
caused the OP problems. I was told that the CC computers know what type
of purchases we usually charge and if a large charge suddenly comes in,
the CC company will reflag it and block the charge until they can get in
touch with us and acknowledge that is really our charge. It is a
protective device they use.

Not too long ago Mastercard cancelled my card because I charged
medications from a Mail Pharmacy out of town and they said it was not a
normal charge for me. I insisted it was and the next day they had to
Fedex me a new card.

They told me to avoid these problems card holders are encouraged to call
them "before" they make a large purchase or anything unusual. Anytime
we take a trip, I always advise them to prevent the card being cancelled
when out of town charges appear.
This thread can be a learning experience for anyone who does not know CC
companies have these rules. Unless the OP has a card with special
rules provided in his case, one call to AMEX could have prevented all
the hassle with Dell, IMO. I, am grateful to him that he shared his
problem with us so that I can know what to do to avoid such a problem if
I ever get around to purchasing a computer from any company. Thanks!

Bea

No, they haven't changed.

> On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 07:37:21 -0500, Sparky <nemo@moon.sun.edu> wrote:
>
>>Irene wrote:
>

>>> Try this URL and this card, IF you have the credit for it and can afford
>>> the
>>> annual fee.
>>>
>>> http://www66.americanexpress.com/cards/Fmacfservlet?csi=17/22/b/3/0550491612/055182219739/22/n&from=7
>>
>>This just shows you that Amex is worse than Dell! When they say "No
>>pre-set spending limit" what they really mean is $1,500/day, the low
>>life twits!!!
>
> I once bought a computer with an American Express card. I sinply
> called them first and got an ok. Admittedly this was several years
> ago and their policies might have changed.
> --
> Top 10 Conservative Idiots:
> http://www.democraticunderground.com/top10/

I have NEVER had a charge "blocked". We have been called or emailed a
couple of times because it was a charge to a merchant that we had not bought
from before. The last was a new HiDef Plasma TV. The bank called us and
asked us to "confirm" the purchase. I thought it a little unusual at the
time because the TV had already been delivered and installed before the
email was dated.
..