Question Why is it that when i went from 60 hz to 144hz, anything below 144 fps became unplayable for me? PLZ HELP

Apr 17, 2019
So here is the scoop, around 3 years ago i got into gaming. I had a pretty bad laptop, so there was not really that many games for me to play. I mainly played csgo and some other single player games that i could run well with my laptop at 60 fps, fast forward 3 years, now i have a beast of a gaming pc, 1070ti, intel i5 8600k and a 144hz 1080p monitor. after a few weeks of owning my new pc, i started seeing that when my games dropped under 144 fps it became impossible for me to enjoy the game or in some cases aim. just for info when it is above 144 its butter smooth and i aim pretty well, like the mouse movement for me feels very unnatural when the fps is under 144 . i wanted to know if anyone else is going through this or anyone has a fix. give me suggestion everything is welcome.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Really depends where your problem with "under" is.

144Hz/144FPS is your new 'norm', so you'd notice a difference if you dropped back to a 60Hz panel, no doubt. Whether it's "unplayable" is subjective, it's just different.

When you say "dropped under 144FPS" though, are we talking 140FPS? Or tanking to 50FPS, or somewhere inbetween?

Apr 17, 2019
Really depends where your problem with "under" is.

144Hz/144FPS is your new 'norm', so you'd notice a difference if you dropped back to a 60Hz panel, no doubt. Whether it's "unplayable" is subjective, it's just different.

When you say "dropped under 144FPS" though, are we talking 140FPS? Or tanking to 50FPS, or somewhere inbetween?

First off i want to start by thanking you for replying.
second when i say dropping under 144 i mean between 80 and 144
and just so you know i have a gsync monitor

Last edited: