[SOLVED] why is malwarebytes blocking this...

Solution
Based upon the original screenshot of the Malwarebytes dialog box, this strikes me as Malwarebytes realtime protection blocking the completion of navigation to and loading of another website (not specified in that message) because it contains links that either would or could install the loathsome PUP.

The initial text says: Website blocked due to PUP (emphasis mine). I take that as meaning exactly what it says, and that the website that is being blocked is sketchy to begin with. It's trying to prevent you from even "the near occasion of infection."

This does not look like an actual PUP (as in installed on the system) identification dialog, as those always offer the option to remove.

USAFRet

Titan
why is malwarebytes blocking this...

hmmmm....I wonder why...
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&channel=cus&q=search+secure+prime

"Search Secure is an intrusive search application that targets famous browsers like Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. "
"The Prime Info Spot Search redirect is caused by a browser hijacker which is installed by the users, ..."
"The Secure Search is a hijacker. It is a type of malicious software. Unlike viruses, it will not delete or infect your files, but its actions will cause certain problems with your web-browser "

editor1

Honorable
May 9, 2017
hmmmm....I wonder why...
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&channel=cus&q=search+secure+prime

"Search Secure is an intrusive search application that targets famous browsers like Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. "
"The Prime Info Spot Search redirect is caused by a browser hijacker which is installed by the users, ..."
"The Secure Search is a hijacker. It is a type of malicious software. Unlike viruses, it will not delete or infect your files, but its actions will cause certain problems with your web-browser "
Sry 4 the l8 reply. My life has been incredibly pact right now.

I have ran several usb live antivirus scaners and evan in safe mod . I can not find it. Only the malwarebytes pro is booking it.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Based upon the original screenshot of the Malwarebytes dialog box, this strikes me as Malwarebytes realtime protection blocking the completion of navigation to and loading of another website (not specified in that message) because it contains links that either would or could install the loathsome PUP.

The initial text says: Website blocked due to PUP (emphasis mine). I take that as meaning exactly what it says, and that the website that is being blocked is sketchy to begin with. It's trying to prevent you from even "the near occasion of infection."

This does not look like an actual PUP (as in installed on the system) identification dialog, as those always offer the option to remove.

Solution

editor1

Honorable
May 9, 2017
I dont have any but ty 4 the try

So what shuld I do ?

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
So what shuld I do ?

Nothing if you don't need to get to the site. If you do, I would submit a trouble ticket to the folks at Malwarebytes documenting exactly what you did at the outset of this topic and stating you believe that it is a false postive.

I have run www.searchsecureprime.co through the VirusTotal website:
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/...2d100644933105e8f3eb5ec44e1ed533d4a/detection
and not a single one of the scanning engines marks it as bad. All come back clean, including one of Malwarebytes' engines that gets used there.

editor1

Honorable
May 9, 2017
no but ty 4 u time

So what should I do ? Malwear biyts is on free version now and it dos't have live protection. I install zone alarm firewall.
EDIT I uninstaled zonalarm becase it seamed to make my pc slow.

Last edited: