Question Why is my 3060 "UTILIZATION" always at 100 percent even when in idle and no apps are open?

barkersofgeraldine

Reputable
Nov 11, 2020
Hiya - my Utilization on task maneger shows that the gpu is always at 98-100 percent even when apps are close, but the gpu memory is at 0.6/12gb

why is that?? its so unsual

Colif

Win 11 Master
do you have latest Nvidia drivers? there is a bug that can show it at 100% even if its not

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

it doesn't remove anything, just stops non microsoft programs loading with windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

Have you run a malware scan?

Reactions: barkersofgeraldine

barkersofgeraldine

Reputable
Nov 11, 2020
do you have latest Nvidia drivers? there is a bug that can show it at 100% even if its not

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

it doesn't remove anything, just stops non microsoft programs loading with windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

Have you run a malware scan?
yeah, i have the latest drivers !!

i went back 3 drivers back and its back to normal. will they fix this or is this like a new thing from now?? kinda weird that its like that

barkersofgeraldine

Reputable
Nov 11, 2020
i also ran a malware scan through malware bytes and it did show that i had 8 detected, but after removing them my utilization on task manager was still 100 percent

what fixed it was going back 3 drivers back.

so weird that they didnt make sure that this new patch was okay for release before releasing it to us