[SOLVED] why is my 3070 under preforming ??

Jun 12, 2021
Bought my PC about a month ago and my 3070 was running warzone great. 280hz 1080p it was almost maxing out on rebirth and doing about 200 maybe a bit more on regular warzone, now it barley does 140 usually 130fps around there. my ram is set to 3600mhz everything is updated im pretty sure so idk what seems to be the issue. Im brand new to PC's so any help
would be hugely appreciated! Thanks guys!

ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX3070 OC (GPU)
MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk (MOBO)
AMD Ryzen 7 5800x (CPU)
Samsung 970 EVO Plus PCIe SSD 1TB
Samsung 870 EVO SATA SSD 500GB (Storage)
G.Skills Trident Z Neo 8Gx2 3600mhz G.Skills Trident Z Neo 8Gx2 3600mhz (Memory)
MSI A750W 80+Gold fully modular (Power supply)
Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm AIO Corsair SP120 RGB Pro fan (Cooling)
Coolmaster MasterBox TD500 ARGB ATX (Case)
Windows 10 Home Operating system

Last edited:
Solution
Bought my PC about a month ago and my 3070 was running warzone great. 280hz 1080p it was almost maxing out on rebirth and doing about 200 maybe a bit more on regular warzone, now it barley does 140 usually 130fps around there. my ram is set to 3600mhz everything is updated im pretty sure so idk what seems to be the issue. Im brand new to PC's so any help

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x (CPU)
G.Skills Trident Z Neo 8Gx2 3600mhz G.Skills Trident Z Neo 8Gx2 3600mhz (Memory)
Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm AIO Corsair...

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

Drives: make, model, capacity, how full?

Where did you buy the PC? Source?

Have you done any updates or otherwise been notified by windows or some other application that an update occurred.

Noted that you posted "everything is updated" -more detail is needed. What is included in that "everything"?

Are you doing updates yourself, allowing automatic updates, or perhaps using some third party app/tool to do the updates?

Jun 12, 2021
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

Drives: make, model, capacity, how full?

Where did you buy the PC? Source?

Have you done any updates or otherwise been notified by windows or some other application that an update occurred.

Noted that you posted "everything is updated" -more detail is needed. What is included in that "everything"?

Are you doing updates yourself, allowing automatic updates, or perhaps using some third party app/tool to do the updates?

just did

Ralston18

Titan
Did you install any third party software or made any configuration changes anywhere prior to the fps drop?

Check Reliability History. Any errors or other events that began when fps dropped?

Also Update History: Any failures or updates that occurred when you first noticed fps dropping?

Take a look in Task Manager and Resource Monitor. Determine what all is running and look for anything that is unexpected or unidentified. Research accordingly to find out what that may be before doing any deleting or uninstalling.

Process Explorer(free) may also be helpful. You may need to download it via Microsoft's website.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

And per @sizzling does the drop occur in just one game or multiple games?

Jun 12, 2021
Did you install any third party software or made any configuration changes anywhere prior to the fps drop?

Check Reliability History. Any errors or other events that began when fps dropped?

Also Update History: Any failures or updates that occurred when you first noticed fps dropping?

Take a look in Task Manager and Resource Monitor. Determine what all is running and look for anything that is unexpected or unidentified. Research accordingly to find out what that may be before doing any deleting or uninstalling.

Process Explorer(free) may also be helpful. You may need to download it via Microsoft's website.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

And per @sizzling does the drop occur in just one game or multiple games?
ummm just warzone i thin k but i dodnt really play much else. apex it pretty well maxs out the 280 . what does process explorer do exzactly

Ralston18

Titan
Process explorer shows what all is running on your system.

The goal is to discover any unexpected or unknown processes and figure out why they are running and what they do. Some are legitimate; others - perhaps not or at least should not be running at that time.

Just another way to observe system activities along with Task Manager and Resource Monitor.

Finding any running or disabled process that corresponds with the fps going up or down is the end objective.

Then we learn more about that process and hopefully there is a fix: reinstall, reconfigure, update....

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x (CPU)
Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm AIO Corsair SP120 RGB Pro fan (Cooling)
Coolmaster MasterBox TD500 ARGB ATX (Case)
Windows 10 Home Operating system

Changing graphics options in game or in the nVidia control panel can easily drop your frame-rate in half.

Over 200 fps on a 3070 seems a bit high to me...I would expect closer to 100-120 fps 1% lows and an average FPS below 200 unless you've turned down some graphics options in game. On Medium quality you can push well past 200fps...but not on Ultra.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS