Sinxph

Reputable
Jan 16, 2017
I paired it up with my EVGA RTX 2060 SC Ultra graphics card yet it won't turbo to 4.2 while gaming? How can I reset it? i have both the msi afterburner software and the AMD Ryzen Overclock software as well. My motherboard is the Crosshair VII Hero (Non-wifi)

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
If your games are not as CPU dependent as they are GPU dependent then they won't push your CPU as hard therefore it won't need to boost to it's max clocks.

But I would make sure you have the newest BIOS for your MB which will, most likely, improve performance and stability with your 3600:
Version 2501
2019/07/1814.66 MBytes
ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO BIOS 2501
Fix an issue where the mouse will sometimes freeze in the UEFI.
Update multi-language string.
Fix an issue with the Safe Boot button.
"Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (C7H.CAP)
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...VII-HERO/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VII-HERO-ASUS-2501.zip

Last edited:
Reactions: Sinxph

Sinxph

Reputable
Jan 16, 2017
If your games are not as CPU dependent as they are GPU dependent then they won't push your CPU as hard therefore it won't need to boost to it's max clocks.

But I would make sure you have the newest BIOS for your MB which will; most likely improve performance and stability with your 3600:
Version 2501
2019/07/1814.66 MBytes
ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO BIOS 2501
Fix an issue where the mouse will sometimes freeze in the UEFI.
Update multi-language string.
Fix an issue with the Safe Boot button.
"Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (C7H.CAP)
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...VII-HERO/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VII-HERO-ASUS-2501.zip
I lurked in my motherboard bios settings as well as looked on my motherboard's manufacturer's website for the new bios driver and installed it. the pbo option under amd overclocking was set as auto but it was never boosting up to its said boost. I clicked enabled and now it boosts when it needs to so if anyone else has this issue. there you go and thanks dman

Reactions: DMAN999

TRENDING THREADS