Why is my AC-DC adjustable voltage adapter giving me random readings? (Even while with load?)?

fiRe_p0weR

Prominent
Jan 13, 2020
Things i’ve tried so far:
Replacing the capacitor - no effect.
Re-heating the solder joints - no effect.
Replacing the whole wiring (cut to 2 wires +/-) - no effect.
Tested the transformer (yes all the steps) - seems to be in working condition.
Symptoms: completely random voltage readings (with or without load). Always way below the chosen voltage (example: Chosen voltage - 6V, Given - 0.90v, Chosen - 12V, Given - 1.5V. and that is on a completely random basis, sometimes the numbers differ, but always way below desired.)

fiRe_p0weR

Prominent
Jan 13, 2020
I desoldered every part on the damn thing, put it through very-very-light dremel sandpaper thingy till they got shiny (both switches and the diode anode/cathode legs), sorted the wires coming out of the output winding (2 per solder joint), reflowed the whole thing and the effect was 0. Finally i decided that something is wrong with the input winding, was giving me 1380ohm reading (touching both input cables that come out from the winding itself), also an interesting thing i noticed: all my jacks (output jacks) were having continuity (beep) which is pretty weird for me (wouldnt that short-circuit anything {DC driven} that i plug in them?!). I gently started unwinding the input winding and guess what… it was chopped off on 4 places hence the 1380ohm reading… and that was the end of it ^^ Just sayin' if somebody else comes looking for similar problem ^^