[SOLVED] Why is my applications shutting down when i open games?

itzxethan13

Reputable
Dec 28, 2018
So for about 3-4 weeks ago i got back into playing fortnite and everytime i open fortnite it goes black screen for 1 sec and then opens up but i noticed that my applications such as nvidia control panale and especially ICUE software just shut down and exit i do not know what has caused of this to happen but its really annoying me it also did it with r6s

if there is anything you can do i would be so happy thanks

if you want to know my specs here they are
MOBO: H110M-K motherboard
cpu: i5-7400k @ 3.00Ghz
gpu: asus dual gtx 1060 6gb
RAM: 1x Corsair 4GB DDR4 2133MHz 1.20v DIMM Memory and Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400MHz DDR4
boot drive: SSD 850 evo 500gb
secondary: 1tb hard drive
psu: Corsair 550 Watt VS550 ATX PSU/Power Supply Unit

Solution
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes and warnings that occur when fortnite is opened.

Use Task Manager or Resource monitor to observe system performance for a few minutes before opening fortnite.

Open fortnite and you may see some change that occurs during that 1 second or thereafter.

My overall thought is that the PSU is deteriorating and may no longer be able to handle the power demands that are suddenly imposed.

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes and warnings that occur when fortnite is opened.

Use Task Manager or Resource monitor to observe system performance for a few minutes before opening fortnite.

Open fortnite and you may see some change that occurs during that 1 second or thereafter.

My overall thought is that the PSU is deteriorating and may no longer be able to handle the power demands that are suddenly imposed.

Solution